Paulding.com

Used Mower Sales.......please read this!

I've had more than a few people say they want to buy used mowers and other items as they become available. I am offerring GREAT deals on used things, but when I put them up for sale....

I cannot afford to wait around for the buyers. I am completely out of space around here, so the policy is this from here, forward.....WHOEVER shows up with the cash, gets the mower or whatever other equipment. I can no longer "hold" items for people to come and get. I would love to if I could, but I am out of room, and with 5-6 people wanting to buy something, I cannot make promises to ANYONE. It's as simple as this- whoever calls, and SHOWS UP with the cash, well, THEY get the deal. People can call or PM all day long. But the fact is that someone in my driveway with the money is going to get the mower. I understand that people may want to get a good deal on something from me, but if you want it bad enough, you've got to get over here and get it, ASAP.

Y'all know me well enough to know that I hate to even have to say this....but resales have got to go ASAP, and I can't promise folks, and I certainly can't hold off for a few days; not when there's a line of other people with cash in hand and ready to get it. There will be PLENTY of deals coming up soon on rebuilds, but they go to whoever shows up first. No offense, but you have to put yourself in my shoes....working space is everything to me, so when a deal goes on here, it's in my best interest to sell it to whoever shows up first.

It basically boils down to this- if you call me and say you want to buy it....you've got no more than the next day of the call to come get it, or I have to let it go to someone else. I simply have no choice in the matter. When they're ready to go, I need them gone, ASAP. I need to keep space to work in, and right now, I can barely walk in my 2-car garage because of all of the mowers.

I don't mean to complain- in fact, this is a service I offer to save people a LOT of money. But it HAS TO BE first come, first serve. I hope everyone understands my position on this, and like I said, no offense is intended. Things are just booming, and when something goes up for sale, I need it outa here quickly, so I can have enough space to do repairs for my customers. Resales are a "side" thing to help out your folks, but repairs are my top priority. I don't like to keep people waiting too long to get their mowers back. So, they will always come first. ;)

Thanks.....and KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED, because as soon as I post any resales, they are only going to be shown here on pcom.

• Like 1

Don't blame you a bit. I can tell from the tone of your post that you hated to have to bring the subject up, but, business is business. What is that old saying? 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. It's kind of like 'cash in hand gets the mower'. And I would think it's also about the money and not just space, you've got to feed your family and pay the bills and holding equipment for someone who may not show while someone wants what you have.....well.....thats a no brainer to me.

Good luck!!! :)

Don't blame you a bit. I can tell from the tone of your post that you hated to have to bring the subject up, but, business is business. What is that old saying? 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. It's kind of like 'cash in hand gets the mower'. And I would think it's also about the money and not just space, you've got to feed your family and pay the bills and holding equipment for someone who may not show while someone wants what you have.....well.....thats a no brainer to me.

Good luck!!! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Yes, I really hate to have to post things like that, but like you said, business is business. I do like to keep my business on a friendly (and often personal level) with my customers, because they are just such GREAT people. And regarding repairs, no problems at all. It just gets frustrating when someone says they want to buy something, and you plan on it, then they vanish like a fart in the wind....meanwhile, I'm putting other people on hold who were ready to drive on down and get the mower. It's not just frustrating, but it seems unfair to the ones who REALLY want a mower, and need it ASAP. So, I figure the best thing to do is leave it up to the buyer.....if they call me and say they'll be here in an hour or less, then sure...I'll wait it out. But only for the short span of time. I do everything I can to help people out, because I know we're all pretty much in the same boat....broke. (I've even been known to let people pay me half on pick up and the balance the next week when they get paid again.) I don't mind working with people....in fact, I love being able to help folks out. But, I've always been a firm believer in following through on a deal. If someone wants to buy a mower, then something happens and they can't do it when they said they could, all I ask is that they CALL ME and let me know....that's all. I'm not out anything, because there are others lined up to buy it. And as for the person who hit a snag, and needs to wait...that's cool...just let me know. There will be plenty of other resales on the way. ;)

Thank you for your comment- it made me feel a lot better about having to post this thread. It's good to know that people understand these things, and don't take offense to it. :)

I agree with momof 3 :) your a great person and your post is completly understandable. I know whenever ive sold things I have tried to hold the item for people and turned other people away and the origianl person either changed their mind or didnt come :( then im out the money and time I put into making the item.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes posted to see what you have available :)

I'm sure you could find more room around around there if you tried. I know you could fit at least 4 or 5 mowers in your living room and probably 3 or 4 more in your kitchen!!!!! You could use the sink to clean machine parts and the dishwasher is great for tires and mower blades.I'm sure your wife and kids wouldn't mind!!!!!!!! :D

I'm sure you could find more room around around there if you tried. I know you could fit at least 4 or 5 mowers in your living room and probably 3 or 4 more in your kitchen!!!!! You could use the sink to clean machine parts and the dishwasher is great for tires and mower blades.I'm sure your wife and kids wouldn't mind!!!!!!!! :D

You crack me up!!! :lol:

do you have any used Snapper riding lawn mowers for sale ? My mom and dad are looking for one

No, sorry. Not yet. I still have that Murray push mower for $70, and that's about it.

I agree with momof 3 :) your a great person and your post is completly understandable. I know whenever ive sold things I have tried to hold the item for people and turned other people away and the origianl person either changed their mind or didnt come :( then im out the money and time I put into making the item.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes posted to see what you have available :)

I AGREE!! It happens a good bit to me and can be so frustrating. If people decide they don't want the item or money is tight just let me know. Life happens. But to keep me hanging?????? I want to sell most of what I have in stock right now (REALLY CHEAP) because I want to restock. But, without these items being picked up and the money for them I cannot buy new merchandise.

And, Subby, I think your post was very tactful and something you had to say up front to prevent hard feelings later. Busines is Business.

I AGREE!! It happens a good bit to me and can be so frustrating. If people decide they don't want the item or money is tight just let me know. Life happens. But to keep me hanging?????? I want to sell most of what I have in stock right now (REALLY CHEAP) because I want to restock. But, without these items being picked up and the money for them I cannot buy new merchandise.

And, Subby, I think your post was very tactful and something you had to say up front to prevent hard feelings later. Busines is Business.

Thanks. The LAST thing I would ever want to do is make someone mad at me, and cost me any customers. ;)