Paulding.com

AJC: Paulding delays vote for SPLOST extension

For obvious reasons (fears that it would be defeated because of the increase in this year's real estate taxes) the county had deferred the vote to extend the SPLOST to 2010 according to a blurb in today's AJC. They quoted School Superintendant Larry Ragsdale from last Tuesday's school board meeting.

Is this a school SPLOST or a County SPLOST?

NEVER, NEVER vote yourself a tax increase. 1st: No matter what the original intent of the "special tax" is for, it almost always ends up misappropriated. 2nd: Taxes are ridiculously high enough and there are too many programs already. If there's not enough money, cut spending. Go back to basics and start from there. Police , Fire and Schools. Fund those first, then finish your budget.

But NEVER, NEVER, vote yourself a tax increase. For all those who disagree, it is your right to volunteer more of your own money to any government or school you wish. Or simply ask the school what items are needed, and buy those for them.

Edited by highcreek

As someone who benefits from the Cobb County SPLOST program........ I hope nobody listens to highcreek!

Especially for the CC SPLOST!! The 1 % in Cobb is awesome... Lots of money being paid by OTHERS...

Now...Pauldings SPLOST is a horse of a different color. We don't have lots of people coming and spending money in Paulding.

How much has Paulding actually spend on transportation around this county??? Besides the money pit of an airport..

Right now we had votes on a fire tax....greenspace...no vote on the Palace on 278...we are going to raise taxes, two commissioners voted against this, yet they voted for these items....I really do not think whether a school splost or anything will pass. We are presently in a shut down mode...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised no one has said anything about the David Austin campaign sign at the end of Rosedale. When are they supposed to come down?

It really tells the truth about politicians though - Always running for the next election. [/hijack]

He's not the only one. Their are old campaign signs up in a number of places from a few different candidates. It irritates the you-know-what out of me, too. I don't care if they didn't know their volunteers put them out there. Their name, their responsibility. And there's no way they or somebody in their circles doesn't know about them still being up.

He's not the only one. Their are old campaign signs up in a number of places from a few different candidates. It irritates the you-know-what out of me, too. I don't care if they didn't know their volunteers put them out there. Their name, their responsibility. And there's no way they or somebody in their circles doesn't know about them still being up.

They may not know that the signs are still up. Why can't we be a good neighbor and remove the sign for them?

They may not know that the signs are still up. Why can't we be a good neighbor and remove the sign for them?

I agree, but you can be arrested for taking down a politicial sign of any kind without written permission from the person who's name is on the sign. So be careful if you do.

As someone who benefits from the Cobb County SPLOST program........ I hope nobody listens to highcreek!

Especially for the CC SPLOST!! The 1 % in Cobb is awesome... Lots of money being paid by OTHERS...

Now...Pauldings SPLOST is a horse of a different color. We don't have lots of people coming and spending money in Paulding.

How much has Paulding actually spend on transportation around this county??? Besides the money pit of an airport..

Next time you are at Target see how many Cobb tags are in the parking lot.

As for DOT projects, East Hiram Parkway is on the front burner.