Paulding.com

I had a yard sale today and it was very slow, it was really not worth the trouble of getting all that stuff out. I had really good stuff, lots of boys clothes, tons of jeans and jean shorts, nice collar shirts for boys, I always hear people saying they need boys clothes. I thought for sure that would go. Finally around 12:00, I called it quits. Is August a bad yard sale month? When is the best time of the year to have yard sales?

It's too hot in August --- wait for late September or early October.

I had a yard sale today and it was very slow, it was really not worth the trouble of getting all that stuff out. I had really good stuff, lots of boys clothes, tons of jeans and jean shorts, nice collar shirts for boys, I always hear people saying they need boys clothes. I thought for sure that would go. Finally around 12:00, I called it quits. Is August a bad yard sale month? When is the best time of the year to have yard sales?

Did you post here ahead of time that you were having a sale?

what size are the boys cloths , jeans and shirts. What size are you looking for?

I think it was just a busy weekend with lots of events going on and add in that it was the last weekend before school starts. It was also very slow at the Outdoor Market yesterday. At least I know it wasn't just us that had a slow day.

If you want to join others with yard sale booths, your always welcome to come to the Market and set up, althought I know it is even more work to do. Each weekend will get better with regards to yards sales and for the Outdoor Market that is held each Saturday on Hwy 92 at Ridge Rd.

what size are the boys cloths , jeans and shirts. What size are you looking for?

boy sizes mostly 10-12s and 14-16, medium to x large shirts.

I also have lots of young men clothes, 34-36 jeans, shorts. xl shirts. My oldest just went to college and I told him to take what he wants anything he left would be sold. Me and my kids both have too many clothes that never get worn its time to get rid of what we don't wear.

boy sizes mostly 10-12s and 14-16, medium to x large shirts.

I also have lots of young men clothes, 34-36 jeans, shorts. xl shirts. My oldest just went to college and I told him to take what he wants anything he left would be sold. Me and my kids both have too many clothes that never get worn its time to get rid of what we don't wear.

PM Webstermom about the boys 14-16. I know she was looking for some.

I had yard sale this week-end, Friday and Saturday in Marietta and it was the BEST ONE EVER!!!! The last several yard sales we have had I felt the same way as you - it wasn't worth the trouble. But, this one was at a friend's house a few blocks off the square. The trick to it was ADVERTISING: I posted on p.com and my friend posted on Craigslist under yard sales and then specifically under clothes, furniture, etc, etc and we had good signs. There was a constant stream of people for both days with few lulls. I made enough to more than pay for my vacation in PCB next week. And, the best part is most my better stuff I still have left!!!! I am thrilled, but sorry your experience wasn't as good.

I had yard sale this week-end, Friday and Saturday in Marietta and it was the BEST ONE EVER!!!! The last several yard sales we have had I felt the same way as you - it wasn't worth the trouble. But, this one was at a friend's house a few blocks off the square. The trick to it was ADVERTISING: I posted on p.com and my friend posted on Craigslist under yard sales and then specifically under clothes, furniture, etc, etc and we had good signs. There was a constant stream of people for both days with few lulls. I made enough to more than pay for my vacation in PCB next week. And, the best part is most my better stuff I still have left!!!! I am thrilled, but sorry your experience wasn't as good.

Well I am going to plan another one the end of the month, Im going to plan this one better, the one yesterday was kind of thrown together at the last moment. When should I start advertising? A week before? Also another question, I had 4 designer handbags for sale and neither one sold, did I have them mark two high? I had three dooney and bourkes (authentic) in great condition marked for 25.00 they are about 4 years old, I also had a coach about 4 years old in great condition for sale for 35.00. I thought these would sale quickly. My friends say I would do better putting them on ebay. Thanks for your suggestions.

Well I am going to plan another one the end of the month, Im going to plan this one better, the one yesterday was kind of thrown together at the last moment. When should I start advertising? A week before? Also another question, I had 4 designer handbags for sale and neither one sold, did I have them mark two high? I had three dooney and bourkes (authentic) in great condition marked for 25.00 they are about 4 years old, I also had a coach about 4 years old in great condition for sale for 35.00. I thought these would sale quickly. My friends say I would do better putting them on ebay. Thanks for your suggestions.

You most definitely would do better selling the designer purses on ebay. One problem you have is there are so many knock-off's people are afraid to pay that much money for something they cannot confirm is authentic. So, when/if you list on ebay you need to provide any and all verification you might have that the purses are "authentic designer" purses.

Location has a lot to do with it and I think that helped us this week-end.

For you yard sale, you need to advertise in the Dallas New Era if your sale is local. Just putting it in the week of your sale will be fine. Provide as much info as to what you are selling as possible, within reason. And, give precise directions in your ads. I started posting on p.com the week before. My friend only posted on Craigslist the day before our sale started. On Friday she put another ad in with her phone number - it helped a lot with people finding us who were unfamiliar with the area. But, like I said she did put it under several different categories for what we were selling: yard sales, clothing, collectibles, furniture, etc. On Saturday you have what I refer to as "seasoned yard salers" and I told my friend very early this was our clientele. They tend to want everything for nothing. So, I would tell them when they arrived "the more you buy the more you save" and would give them a total and then their "discounted" price. (We did not have much pre-priced) It worked. LOL!!! Good Luck. I hope these few pointers help you be more successful next time. It is very discouraging to put in all that work for nothing.

maybe it was too hot out or you aren't on a main road. I suggest plutting pics on pcom and doing a online yard sale! works great! and you don't have to sit out in the hot sun ;)