Paulding.com

Deputy hurt in car accident...

A friend if mine just told me a deputy was hurt in a car accident early this morning. (it was on Mt Tabpr at Fray around 5am) I went back and listened to the archives and it sounded pretty bad. They got 911 calls about so the deputy must have been hurt bad enough to not be able to call. I also heard one of the responding officers say it looked like a head-on collision. Another deputy asked rescue to step it up. I then heard lifeflight being called and Clark's said they were en route to the LZ with a deputy on board. This sounds bad. Please pray that he is alright!!!!

My husband was going to work this morning and rolled up on it before the ambulance was there. He did talk to the sherriff that was there blocking the road and he said it was a head on collision and that the other driver was drunk....I don't understand why people drive after drinking....it makes me so mad!

I went by there this morning on the way to the grocery store. Everything was cleared already. The only thing I saw were the markings on the road. I knew there had been an accident there sometime in the last week but had no idea it was this morning, or that a deputy was involved.

Prayers and thoughts go out to him and his family and the PCSO.

Prayers for the Deputy....IF they other Guy was DUI he needs to Stay in Jail...Sadly however he will get a bond and be back out doing it again.. and it probably aint his first one either.

Any information about who the deputy is or his condition???

(And, I agree.....people who drink & drive are IDIOTS. Almost every time, the idiot has been arrested numerous timesrrrrr and continues to do it, too)

URRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!

I contacted the press office for the SO (Deputy Brandon Gurley) and he noted that the officer, although injured, was going to be okay. Indeed, while he was taken to an Atlanta area hospital by helicopter, he is expected to be released tomorrow.

The accident did involve a second vehicle and remains under investigation by the Georgia State Patrol. (The accident was at or near the intersection of Mt. Tabor Road and GA92 Hiram-Acworth Road.

That's about all I could get from the SO.

pubby

• 2 weeks later...
Ummm... well, not exactly. Some of us DO know some of the facts.

I know for a FACT that the deputy was not going over 90mph.

I don't know how fast he was going, but I know he was definitely not going 100, nor even 90.

The video camera systems in the cars kick on when the lights or siren are turned on.

It can also be turned on manually. If the vehicles speed reaches or exceeds 90mph

the camera will also turn on.

There was no video of the accident on the video camera system... Therefore, he did not activate

the emergency equipment nor did he go 100mph.

Yes I know for a fact that he was not going that fast for sure, why because I was behind the women that pulled out in front of him. I was the first person too him trying to get him out of the car and called 911 until another citizen got there and I could concentrate on the 911 dispatcher trying to give her ID number, deputy situation, etc, etc.

As for the lady I can not comment on her status as she was Spanish and I really had a hard time understanding her but she seemed ok she was talking and answering questions.

Where the deputy got hit it is a tricky intersection and at night can be a challenge pulling out. But as for the deputy from what I seen and I was less then 50ft from where they hit. He was not In the wrong she just pulled out and in front of him. I am just glad I was there and was able to help.

These guys protect are way of life and liberties so while we sleep at night just remember these guys protect us from bad elements