Paulding.com

Sooch's Cat House

:o :lol:

Sooch called and asked for a cheap cheap little house "thingie" to be built so that she could put it under her house for the stray cats to have somewhere to get in from the cold, and it was an Emergency Call b/c of the cold cold cold weather we are having and going to have this week.

So, Steve quickly slams together a "CatHouse" for Sooch. We took it over to Sooch's and blankets and catnip was placed in it and they (Steve & Sooch) loosened to lattice and Steve placed it under her house where the strays go at night.

Now that Sooch's Cat House is open for business they have somewhere to get out of the cold, and of course and as usual, Sooch keeps them feed nicely on the grounds and steps.

This was the quickest we ever put a house together and it isn't meant to be someine 'Nice" b/c it is for the strays, but it will work beautifully for the purpose it is intended.

Anyone else want a Stay Cat House, please let us know. Here are some pics from todays adventure. BTW, Thanks Sooch for caring for all those animals!

CATHOUSE3.jpg CATHOUSE4.jpg

CATHOUSE2.jpg CATHOUSE1.jpg

CATHOUSE4.jpgCATHOUSE5.jpg

Cathouse012.jpg

I LOVE my new cat house. This is one warm house if the little strays will just get in it. I have two houses plus enclosed bed for 3 animals to stay warm in. This one that Steve built is thick wood and is caulked and about 3 inches deep in blankets. It is under my front porch which won't have access to the wind. I grow catnip so Steve sprinkled it up to the house so maybe they will go in it. Heck, my possum will probably sleep in the cat bed on the front porch. I got really worried about the animals that eat at my house being cold. They won't get close enough to me or I would pick them up and put in the house at night. They are all fat cause I feed them all well. I just hope they will go in the beds.

Steve's my favorite critter catcher and now he builds the best cathouses around!

That is sweet!!

We are having a kitty sleep over tonight. My neighbor works nights and his cat was out, I brought him in and called him at work so he wouldn't worry that Harry was out in the cold.

I think I need a house for my porch, some times I can't get all my own furbabies in before I head off to bed.

That is sweet!!

We are having a kitty sleep over tonight. My neighbor works nights and his cat was out, I brought him in and called him at work so he wouldn't worry that Harry was out in the cold.

I think I need a house for my porch, some times I can't get all my own furbabies in before I head off to bed.

Well, just give a shout out to Steve, he'll fix you up a fine one. The cats that sleep in that house will be as warm as me.

As usual, Steve and Nemie are right there for our Paulding furbabies, wild or tame. You guys are wonderful!!!

That looks like a great idea! There are tons of houses with the latticed off front porches like that.

We could do that under our front porch. We try not to entice too many kitties over here though since (Steve, don't loose love for your boy on this) Roscoe seems to think they are part of his food chain. He's the only dog I've ever had that seemed to want to eat kitties...and this is his ONLY flaw. Who knows what he may have had to do to survive before. Guess I can't judge him. Never seen him attack a cat, just going by his shaking, drooling, trance state.

Back to the subject...you guys should sell that, maybe at a lesser price and just throw it together quickly just for this purpose, to throw under porches, hidden away. You two never cease to amaze me!! Rock on!!

A friend of ours has tons of cats, mostly ferel that he traps and takes for spay/neuter, releases and feeds. He might need some of these. I'll ask. You may have to come up with a price!

As usual, Steve and Nemie are right there for our Paulding furbabies, wild or tame. You guys are wonderful!!!

That looks like a great idea! There are tons of houses with the latticed off front porches like that.

We could do that under our front porch. We try not to entice too many kitties over here though since (Steve, don't loose love for your boy on this) Roscoe seems to think they are part of his food chain. He's the only dog I've ever had that seemed to want to eat kitties...and this is his ONLY flaw. Who knows what he may have had to do to survive before. Guess I can't judge him. Never seen him attack a cat, just going by his shaking, drooling, trance state.

Back to the subject...you guys should sell that, maybe at a lesser price and just throw it together quickly just for this purpose, to throw under porches, hidden away. You two never cease to amaze me!! Rock on!!

A friend of ours has tons of cats, mostly ferel that he traps and takes for spay/neuter, releases and feeds. He might need some of these. I'll ask. You may have to come up with a price!

Heya,

This little house is a cheap cheap house, not made to be pretty or anything b/c indeed it is for the strays, wilds, ferals out there, just so they can get warm on cold nights.

It is made of pressure treated wood, cauled inbetween the boards, no paint, no stain, just easy simple and quick, therefore very cheap.

So for all of you who have strays or ferals around, please consider getting one of these for their safety and warmth.

Thanks to all for the comments. We know that the strays at Sooch's can now be warm and we already knew they are feed well by Sooch.

God bless all the animal lovers out there like Sooch and the rest of you who care and worry about the strays and ferals.

Every now and again, I have one who doesn't come in before I leave for work in the morning after her morning excursion. I have a quilted cat house that is lined so I always put it outside the back door so she can warm her little self till mama gets home. Silly cat!

So glad y'all are caring for the strays - it "warms" my heart.

Heya,

This little house is a cheap cheap house, not made to be pretty or anything b/c indeed it is for the strays, wilds, ferals out there, just so they can get warm on cold nights.

It is made of pressure treated wood, cauled inbetween the boards, no paint, no stain, just easy simple and quick, therefore very cheap.

So for all of you who have strays or ferals around, please consider getting one of these for their safety and warmth.

Thanks to all for the comments. We know that the strays at Sooch's can now be warm and we already knew they are feed well by Sooch.

God bless all the animal lovers out there like Sooch and the rest of you who care and worry about the strays and ferals.

It may very well be cheap, but it is made well, heavy duty, and will be very warm for anything needing to stay warm. Also, no way will they get wet. Also, the way it is made, if you feed these animals, there is plenty room to put the food inside the door and the cat or whatever will still have plenty of room.

Cute!

I have got to bring the crate in for the dog. Thanks Nemie for that he will be inside and warm tonight!

Now to figure out what to do with 5 cats....I only have 4 carriers thinking that 4 will get to sleep in those in the house and the one I know doesnt spray can sleep in my room. ( They are all fixed and still spray).

Boy that topic got me all excited................... :p

Took me a while though to figure out that you can't do too much in that little house. My feet would get cold. :lol:

They are cute though for what they are actually built for. :D

Yea, when I first told someone I was having a cathouse built, the first thing they asked was what was I gonna charge? :rolleyes:

Yea, when I first told someone I was having a cathouse built, the first thing they asked was what was I gonna charge? :rolleyes:

:blink: :rofl:

Great box & good for Sooch/Steve for providing shelter to those poor babies without a family to take them in!

:blink: :rofl:

Great box & good for Sooch/Steve for providing shelter to those poor babies without a family to take them in!

I'd take them in on cold nights but they just won't get close enough for me to grab their little butts. I sure hope they will get in the beds. No doubt they will be warm if they will just go in them.