Paulding.com

fully involved house fire - stations 8 & 3, ladder 1

caller reports house is fully invovled

engines 8 & 3, 3410 enroute, ladder 1 enroute non 10-18

3423 on scene - reports two story birck frame fully invovled

E8 will battling, E3 establishing water supply

will ladder truck have access to house? - 10-4

eng 3 on scene

My girlfriend lives off of ivey gullage and went home for lunch. She said on her way out back to work she noticed lots of black smoke over the subdivision down the street so she pulled in there. She got there before the fire department and said a couple of people where standing outside and said no one was inside. She said it was bad!

Prayers said! What a horrible thing to come home to or to watch happen to your own or neighbors home.

Glad no one was inside...People we have had a lot of fires please think of the fact that the Red Cross is always there for these people first thing. Look up the Red Cross and help them help others.

I hope I don't sound like a fire engine chaser as I post this every time I hear of another fire.

I feel so strongly about the value of family photographs that I can't help but offer my services to help save and teach others how to save those "vehicles to rekindle memories".

I'm so sorry to hear of another fire. Please read the following and let me know if I can help you - beyond prayers for your family.

The loss of most items can be replaced at the local store, but the loss of old photos can't be replaced.

The damage can look much worse than it really is for the photos in albums and those still in the envelopes from the store.

Photos are made of plastic on two sides of thin paper and the last step before drying and cutting for you to take home is a water wash to remove the developing chemicals. ( some new developers use a chemical to save water)

The packets of photos in the drawer might be wet from the fire hoses and look burned but many times the plastic has melted on the edges and the person in the photo is in the center of the picture and is still in good shape.

Take what looks like a total loss and put them into a plastic bag and seal it so the photos won't dry out.

The photos might be stuck together but try to peal them apart. You will be surprised of how many pictures you can save up to several weeks after they got wet.

You can always cut away the burned and wrinkled part of the photo and save the middle, the part that has the children's first birthday or the pictures of the grand parents or others who might not still be with us.

Don't worry about trying to separate them in a tub of water or under running water and laying them out to dry by themselves. After all, you were about to throw away your family's visual history anyway.

It's worth saving these memories. PHOTOS ARE VEHICLES TO REKINDLE MEMORIES!!!!!

I would be happy to help you save some of those memories or show you how easy it can be, (sometimes) .

Collect all the photos wet, dry, burned edges, smoked glass, burned on the edges.

KEEP THE WET ONES WET.

Call in the family and have a "save the photos gathering". You can all share in the re-discovery of the special memories of your family history and this time you can write dates and names on the back.

Please call me if I can be of any help in any way.

Nicholas Cole - Photographer 770-443-7355

HTTP://WWW.NicholasColePhotographer.com/Copy.html

That is awesome Mr. Cole!

I hate it that once something is announced on the scanner we never really know how it ends.

Thank you freebird for keeping us updated.

I continue to pray for the family as well as the service workers that are fighting those flames in this heat. May god bless you all.

That is awesome Mr. Cole!

I hate it that once something is announced on the scanner we never really know how it ends.

Thank you freebird for keeping us updated.

I continue to pray for the family as well as the service workers that are fighting those flames in this heat. May god bless you all.

As a wife of a firefighter that is working this fire, I thank you for your prayers.

Anytime! And thank you for being a strong supporting wife that stands behind your firefighter. I don't know if I could walk in your shoes I would be a nervous wreck.

He loves his job, so I just have to trust the Lord to watch over him. It does help knowing other people appreciate the hard work he does and covers him in prayer as well. Thanks. ;)

I don't think that link is correct. I listened to the archive and the x-street provided was Ivey Gulledge Rd in Spring Brook s/d.

Correct! If your turn left onto ivey Gulledge Rd off of frey Rd it is the first subdivision on the left.

Has anyone heard anything? I have been visiting family tonight and have not talked to my friend to see if she found anything out.