Paulding.com

Don't know where on Hiram Sudie you are talking about---but just a little while ago I had a County car sitting in my driveway. I walked down to see what was going on---lets just say the little deputy was a little rude. My neighbor had called because he heard a fight going on in the house on the other side of him (it is a rental house--no clue who lives there). Before I left the side of the road---another County car and a rescue unit had pulled up.

My whole problem with this is the fact that people seem to think they can use our driveway as a turn around. Just Friday and Saturday---I counted 3 cars turning around in our drive way. First off--you would have to be an idiot to turn around in our driveway---not the safest place to pull out in the road. Second--every time these idiots do this---they spray gravel everywhere. I don't mean just a little--alot!!! I only hope that they are riding down the road when we are cutting grass and one of those rocks flies out from under the lawnmower. I know that sounds mean---but when you just pay to have a load of gravel put down and some inconsiderate person sprays it all over your yard---you tend to get pissed.

I will be calling the SO in the morning. I just feel that if a cop is sitting in your driveway--they at least owe you some sort of an explanation. There was no reason for him to be so rude.

We have had numerous items stolen around here and so have my neighbors. We have had people walking through our yard at all times of the night. We DO NOT live in a subdivision---but I would bet money that the trouble is coming from some of these subdivisions around here. Never had trouble until all the subdivisions come in!!!

I will be calling the SO in the morning. I just feel that if a cop is sitting in your driveway--they at least owe you some sort of an explanation. There was no reason for him to be so rude.

Many times the case is:

They do not have a lot of info themselves

They are busy trying to communicate with additional units who are responding

It is a situation they could not give you info about, especially if it is medical related.

They could be watching for a car leaving the area

On top of it all...people who walk up to their cars...especially after dark make them really nervous. Many officers have been shot that way.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
On top of it all...people who walk up to their cars...especially after dark make them really nervous. Many officers have been shot that way.

Well---by the time I got to the bottom of the yard---he was out of his car talking to my neighbor. It wasn't like I was sneaking up on him. My property---I have a right to know.

I guess I disagree. I would think an officer responding to a call next door would be enough information. The reason for the response should be private to the other people unless they want to tell someone else.

I thought legal matters were public record???? All somebody has to do is turn on a scanner and they hear just about anything!!

I thought legal matters were public record???? All somebody has to do is turn on a scanner and they hear just about anything!!

Sure...when using the open records act which has rules and stipulations. That only releases certain info usually at the conclusion of an investigation and only after it is approved by supervisors.

The reason people can hear things on the scanner is because they have devices than can monitor that frequency, not because law enforcement wants to make it public.

I guess I can see both sides. He shouldn't have been rude and let the homeowner know if they were in danger since he was on their property. But the other person has a right to have some privacy with his/her emergency. I know when my home was surrounded by the ER crew and police with my dad, we weren't in the mood at the moment for question and answer time by the neighbors.

Hope the person is ok.

Sure...when using the open records act which has rules and stipulations. That only releases certain info usually at the conclusion of an investigation and only after it is approved by supervisors.

The reason people can hear things on the scanner is because they have devices than can monitor that frequency, not because law enforcement wants to make it public.

Then why are the jail lists and such released??? Attorneys get jail lists that give the person's name, address and charges everyday. That is how they advertise their services.

There are also some counties that run all of that stuff in the newspaper. Floyd County has waht they call a "scandel sheet" that lists everybody arrested, filed for divorce, etc. They also pick up form the Frderal Court in Rome and list everybody that filed Bankruptcy.

Then why are the jail lists and such released??? Attorneys get jail lists that give the person's name, address and charges everyday. That is how they advertise their services.

There are also some counties that run all of that stuff in the newspaper. Floyd County has waht they call a "scandel sheet" that lists everybody arrested, filed for divorce, etc. They also pick up form the Frderal Court in Rome and list everybody that filed Bankruptcy.

That is for people who were charged with a crime. The rules are different when someone is did not commit a crime or if it was for a medical/suicidal/welfare issue.

Add to that not all 911 calls are legit and many are found to be false.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot. Lets say 911 gets a call from a lady who says her daughter told her that her friend from school was being molested. They were not sure exactly where she lives but they drove down Hiram Sudie and thought your house was the house. One officer parks next door when they come talk to you. They investigate and find out everything is ok and when they are leaving your neighbor approaches them to find out "what is going on". What do you want the officer to say???

A: We got a call your neighbor was molesting his daughter and were over there investigating.

B. Nothing to be concerned about...everything is ok.