Paulding.com

So tell me Fox, how confident are you of the knowledge base of the GOP candidate? Here's a little video from earlier this year when she deemed it appropriate to talk publicly.

Pubby,This is the second time I have viewed this video in it's entirety, And I remain confident in my assessment of Mrs. Braddock, She did not do a good job as a School Board member,And cannot possibly do s good job as a State House representive.

She only knows how to BS and tax and spend

Edited by PUBBY
edited to remove code
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year, Paulding County has a real choice in whom to elect to represent District 19 in the Georgia House of Representatives. We can choose to elect a leader with a vision—who understands the proble

I am disappointed in your response in that you have no qualms about letting illegal immigrants attend, you are only concerned with how they pay for it. Because they have committed a crime or have ben

So tell me Fox, how confident are you of the knowledge base of the GOP candidate? Here's a little video from earlier this year when she deemed it appropriate to talk publicly.

H.O.L.Y. Shnikes! Are you kidding me? That's the first opportunity I've had to hear her speak on the issues. I'm speechless.

I think it would be a grand idea for this website, as the owners of one of the few pieces of footage where Ms. Braddock actually got in front of the public to discuss the issues during this campaign season, to splice together a montage of her opinions on the issues and present them in their own thread where we can all discuss. Similar to this thread but we'll just be left to discuss an old video....but I suppose it's better than nothing.

mrnn

Edited by PUBBY
edited to remove code

Question for Will Avery only. How do you plan to stay honest and accountable to your constituents once you are elected?

Thanks for the question, ronk. Unlike my opponent, I believe I have shown my accessibility and openness when it comes to the people of Paulding County. Throughout this campaign, I have been here, on Paulding.com, to answer your questions, I have attended all scheduled forums (and actively worked to participate in more), and answered emails and phone calls. I have met with many of you personally, as well.

Paulding County needs someone who has proven that they will be accountable, not only to their supporters, but more importantly to the dissenters. I know not all of you agree with me, and I know not all of you will vote for me, but when I am your state Representative, that does not matter, because I will still represent you. I will expect your phone calls, emails, and meeting requests, and I look forward to being held accountable. My opponent, however, has yet to attend any public forums to articulate even the simplest of her views on the issues facing Georgia while I have been here and elsewhere to answer any of your questions and concerns.

That is the type of Representative I will be. I would love opportunities to speak with everyone who wishes to talk, and I plan to hold town hall meetings at least once a month during the General Session to update everyone, as well as a more frequent blog to discuss the issues that are on the table at the time. In between, though, I will always have my cell phone on me-- 77-508-8823-- and my e-mail will remain active and often checked, and I would welcome visitors to my office for meetings. The fact of the matter is, without an active and engaged electorate no representative can represent their people. We need an active, accountable, ethical, and responsible representative. I have proven myself to be just that person.

• Like 2

I've said this before, Braddock was not my first or second choice during the primary. I don't feel either candidate for the District 19 seat deserves my vote. Braddock isn't by far the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm not impressed with Avery either. He does not seem to be able to think outside the box enough to suit me. I will not vote for either candidate, but instead I will write in someone's name.

Edited by Foxmeister

I've said this before, Braddock was not my first or second choice during the primary. I don't feel either candidate for the District 19 seat deserves my vote. Braddock isn't by far the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm not impressed with Avery either. He does not seem to be able to think outside the box enough to suit me. I will not vote for either candidate, but instead I will write in someone's name.

Now that right there is just funny as hell. :rofl:

Maybe the older folks on here are a little leary... the last time we had someone running for office chatting on here was when Sheridan was running, and most people on here accepted his bs and voted him in... a lot learned and regretted it...

that was the last person running that was active on posting here, so maybe some are gun shy... I never believed his bs and never was taken in by him... you have to look at the person, what they stand for, and what they will bring to the table no matter if they have R or D beside their name..... I believe Sheridan had an R by his name, and look what he left the county with...

Maybe the older folks on here are a little leary... the last time we had someone running for office chatting on here was when Sheridan was running, and most people on here accepted his bs and voted him in... a lot learned and regretted it...

that was the last person running that was active on posting here, so maybe some are gun shy... I never believed his bs and never was taken in by him... you have to look at the person, what they stand for, and what they will bring to the table no matter if they have R or D beside their name..... I believe Sheridan had an R by his name, and look what he left the county with...

Cherokee woman:

That's not exactly true. Shearin did successfully use this site and it helped him get elected in his race against Van Westbrook. However, we've had others - Ken Ball for instance and JK Rogers also did pretty well on pcom. There are several including one sheriff's candidate whose campaign went no where because of their spelling, grammar and attitude shown through.

To my thinking both Ball and Rogers, while they didn't win their elections, did make a very positive impression on the paulding.com audience by their efforts here. Indeed, I would suggest that Pcom was a plus for their campaigns rather than a negative.

Most candidates are here through surrogates as the written record is powerful and one of the tasks of candidates is to try and be all things to all people. It is a plain fact that platitudes usually don't cut it here and that is why it is refreshing when a candidate does come on express themselves.

The plain fact with Shearin is that he did a good job here in the 2004 election and despite his later actions that earned him criticisms, his performance in that cycle was masterful.

I will add that most successful candidates - take Todd Pownall and David Barnett - and even David Austin in his race in 2008 were 'on here' in video appearances and conversations.

Among the highlights of this past summer's race was the 'discussion' between those two with Tommie Graham and Adam Gregory. All the candidates were invited but this discussion was among the more informative exhibitions.

And you're right that the letter beside the name really has little to do with their acceptance or rejection on Pcom. Who they are makes more sense.

pubby