Paulding.com

Candidate Transparency ?

You seem to miss the point.

The law requires this discloser be made 6 days before the run-off. It is now 6 days AFTER the run-off and she still has not filed, not that it matters now.

The point of the law is to let you see who did, or did not donate BEFORE the vote.

Or possibly they know and are aware of what an embarassment Braddock would be for Paulding under the Gold Dome ?

Not all card carrying Republicans wear the blinders and drink the cool ade. Some actually think, and realize when their local party has allowed a MAJOR mistake to happen with a candidate.

you hit the nail on the head, as a lot of us do know and are aware of what an embarrassment Braddock would be to Paulding County - i think this time we should vote for the person rather than the party.

I just ask that if Will gave back the PFAW money, would that make a difference in your mind? Obviously not, so many people here are intent on pegging him as a "liberal," when I would doubt that a single one of you have attempted to speak to him in any forum that does not mask your anonymity-- face to face. If you would like to use anything beyond hollow buzzwords to describe Will's political leanings, please do, because I am a person who deals in substance, rather than idle chatter. If you can prove that Will is somehow a "liberal," a term which means very little by the way, then let's discuss that. However, saying that "Well, he's a Democrat" is not a proper response. I would be more than happy to provide a list of about 30 some odd national politicians who are Democrats but are in no way "liberals."

How about we just say he's a Democrat and leave it at that??? ;)

You are not if you vote for a liberal and make no mistake Avery is a liberal. The Republican Party is supposed to be the conservative party in Georgia. Might want to call yourself an Independent. I think it would fit better if you don't want to be called a RINO. JMO

I KNOW What I am. I have been a Republican all my adult life. Your statements about Will Avery are not only ignorant, they are really starting to get monotonous. I have spent time with Will and there is nothing liberal about him. He is much more conservative than most of the Republicans that have held state and local offices in the last few years.

Unfortunately there are quite a few hard heads that don't posses the ability to get to know a candidate and just vote based on what they have heard or what they have been told. Because of this, Will might not make it this time and that would be District 19's loss. But I can tell you for sure, two years of the Republican candidate representing us and Will should have no trouble being elected in 2012.

Let's stop embarrassing ourselves Paulding County! We need Will Avery representing District 19.

• Like 1

Paulette filed her disclosure today. 2 weeks late, and 1 week after the election. Surprised ?

According to what she filed, she did not collect ANY money since the end of June, and shows very little in the way of expenditures compared to the mailings I received in July and August.

And I am no accountant, but I could not get her numbers to come anywhere near balancing.

Paulette filed her disclosure today. 2 weeks late, and 1 week after the election. Surprised ?

According to what she filed, she did not collect ANY money since the end of June, and shows very little in the way of expenditures compared to the mailings I received in July and August.

And I am no accountant, but I could not get her numbers to come anywhere near balancing.

Accountant? This is third grade math. And this is the kind of representation people are willing to argue about? WTH?

You need to check them out:

disclosure report

They are incomplete without totals, and make no sense. The amounts collected to date went down from her June 30th amended report.

And I find it hard to believe she did all those mailings for the chump change she has listed.

This is cranking up to be a farce.

• Like 1

I KNOW What I am. I have been a Republican all my adult life. Your statements about Will Avery are not only ignorant, they are really starting to get monotonous. I have spent time with Will and there is nothing liberal about him. He is much more conservative than most of the Republicans that have held state and local offices in the last few years.

Unfortunately there are quite a few hard heads that don't posses the ability to get to know a candidate and just vote based on what they have heard or what they have been told. Because of this, Will might not make it this time and that would be District 19's loss. But I can tell you for sure, two years of the Republican candidate representing us and Will should have no trouble being elected in 2012.

Let's stop embarrassing ourselves Paulding County! We need Will Avery representing District 19.

He is a DEMOCRAT! Nuff said as some like to say. If he was not he would not have registered as one. Can you say the party of Obama? I can. You can't fool me. I don't care if that does sound monotonous to you. Truth is often monotonous. Sorry but I think your constant harping on Bush and Shearin, and Richardson are monotonous. Does that stop you? NO!

You need to check them out:

disclosure report

They are incomplete without totals, and make no sense. The amounts collected to date went down from her June 30th amended report.

And I find it hard to believe she did all those mailings for the chump change she has listed.

This is cranking up to be a farce.

You do understand the type of business she owns? She's able to do mailings much cheaper than most.

I just ask that if Will gave back the PFAW money, would that make a difference in your mind? Obviously not, so many people here are intent on pegging him as a "liberal," when I would doubt that a single one of you have attempted to speak to him in any forum that does not mask your anonymity-- face to face. If you would like to use anything beyond hollow buzzwords to describe Will's political leanings, please do, because I am a person who deals in substance, rather than idle chatter. If you can prove that Will is somehow a "liberal," a term which means very little by the way, then let's discuss that. However, saying that "Well, he's a Democrat" is not a proper response. I would be more than happy to provide a list of about 30 some odd national politicians who are Democrats but are in no way "liberals."

Sir, you do not know me from Adam's house cat. I will simply say that your talking out of the wrong end when it comes to whom I have spoken and about what, as well as what my positions are. I will conclude by saying that Will knows exactly who I am, as do many other members of this board on both sides of the fence. We have spoken personally about these and other matters OF SUBSTANCE. Face to Face.

You, sir, and Concerned Voter, and other Johnny come lately political party plants are not doing your candidate any favors by generalizing and marginalizing valid concerns of District 19 voters. Furthermore I have not labeled Mr. Avery in any manner whatsoever, but you are quite quick to characterize my position as the opponent you wish you were seeing. I sir, am quite comfortable discussing any subject of substance you are capable of wrapping your brain around.

Now you can check the above for accuracy and get back to me.

• Like 1

Sir, you do not know me from Adam's house cat. I will simply say that your talking out of the wrong end when it comes to whom I have spoken and about what, as well as what my positions are. I will conclude by saying that Will knows exactly who I am, as do many other members of this board on both sides of the fence. We have spoken personally about these and other matters OF SUBSTANCE. Face to Face.

You, sir, and Concerned Voter, and other Johnny come lately political party plants are not doing your candidate any favors by generalizing and marginalizing valid concerns of District 19 voters. Furthermore I have not labeled Mr. Avery in any manner whatsoever, but you are quite quick to characterize my position as the opponent you wish you were seeing. I sir, am quite comfortable discussing any subject of substance you are capable of wrapping your brain around.

Now you can check the above for accuracy and get back to me.

I apologize if I gave you the impression that I was talking direct to you, but I was not. I absolutely believe that legitimate concerns exist, and I look forward to hearing them play out, however I scarcely think that the abstract term "liberal" is a real issue. For one, nobody has discussed an issue upon which Will is a liberal. A Democrat, sure, but that is not equitable to a liberal (Nunn; Zell, etc). What frustrates me is when people classify someone politically without getting to know them. I am personally a Democrat, as you might figure, but I will be voting for at minimum two statewide repubs this year based on the fact that the Dem ticket is shoddy at best.

As for being a party plant--this is the first I've heard about that. I wonder if I can get paid for that...

Anyhow back to our regularly scheduled punditry

I apologize if I gave you the impression that I was talking direct to you, but I was not. I absolutely believe that legitimate concerns exist, and I look forward to hearing them play out, however I scarcely think that the abstract term "liberal" is a real issue. For one, nobody has discussed an issue upon which Will is a liberal. A Democrat, sure, but that is not equitable to a liberal (Nunn; Zell, etc). What frustrates me is when people classify someone politically without getting to know them. I am personally a Democrat, as you might figure, but I will be voting for at minimum two statewide repubs this year based on the fact that the Dem ticket is shoddy at best.

As for being a party plant--this is the first I've heard about that. I wonder if I can get paid for that...

Anyhow back to our regularly scheduled punditry

When you hit that quote button, it strongly implies that you are talking directly to someone. I have spoken personally to Will about various subjects, including the Disclosure Report. Some things we agree on, and some we don't. He is probably, no, scratch that, definitely more liberal than I am. But that's OK. I most certainly don't believe that Will is a progressive Democrat. I have voiced my concerns over the role that partisan party politics play under the dome, and still harbor the concern that he will need a great deal of intestinal fortitude to vote his conscience and not toe the line, but that won't necessarily keep me from giving him a two year shot to prove to me what he has said is exactly what he will do.

Will has ideas, some of them IMO, are very good, some need some polishing, and some are inspired by what he has heard repeated elsewhere ad infinatum, that have only their most basic roots in a kernel of truth. But again. that's OK. He is an inspired young man that is running for office for the right reasons, and that I believe will represent the will of the voters, even if he leans further to the left than most. That's OK. The keys here are that he has ideas, not purely partisan BS, he is IMO sincerely involved and ready to make this a better place to live, he is a person of character, and he is as far as I can tell, beholden to no one special interest.

You will see me bring up my concerns here on this board. If that makes me an A-Hole, so be it. I am not the kind of guy that buys into Dogma or Theocracy. I see good and bad on both sides, so I won't be a shill for any one party, but I am as strong a fiscal conservative as you will find on this planet. There have been very few candidates in the past few years that I believe in enough to actively campaign for, and quite honestly, I seem to be the kiss of death when I do. But I am in Will's camp in this election (sorry Will) even if I don't trash Braddock. I say lets get both candidates together to discuss the issues and may the best candidate win.

• Like 1

I see good and bad on both sides, so I won't be a shill for any one party, but I am as strong a fiscal conservative as you will find on this planet. There have been very few candidates in the past few years that I believe in enough to actively campaign for, and quite honestly, I seem to be the kiss of death when I do. But I am in Will's camp in this election (sorry Will) even if I don't trash Braddock. I say lets get both candidates together to discuss the issues and may the best candidate win.

I'm ready to see that. Hope the debates begin real soon.