Paulding.com

The Weekend MAST

You are on the server, not an outside viewer.

That's bull. He's connected from home just like you.

I don't see anything either and I sure as hell didn't setup something.

I think you picked up something that is jerking with you somewhere else because that is nothing but a flash file and table like we use all over the site.

pubby

That's bull. He's connected from home just like you.

I don't see anything either and I sure as hell didn't setup something.

I think you picked up something that is jerking with you somewhere else because that is nothing but a flash file and table like we use all over the site.

pubby

I guess me and novella got the same thing. :o

This is from my comcast GEOwatch (whatever that is)

NOT TRUSTWATCH VERIFIED. [?]

The site www.paulding.com has not been verified by TrustWatch, a web site verification service. Please take caution in proceeding to this site, especially if you are prompted for private or personal information.

I guess me and novella got the same thing. :o

And just so ya'll know, I'm not at his house-I don't even know where he lives ;)

I am running a spy checker now. Also logging in on another system to try it.

<table

style="text-align: left; background-color: black; width: 835px; height: 164px;"

border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center"

valign="middle">[flash=750,220]http://www.paulding.com/news/weekend.swf </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td

style="text-align: center; color: rgb(51, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 102, 255);"

valign="undefined"><a

href="http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?act=post&do=new_post&f=269"><font

size="+6"><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Start

New topic</span></font></a></td>

<td align="undefined" valign="undefined"><span

style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"><span

style="color: black;">THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people

I never liked anyway,

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and

The eyesight to tell the difference.

</span>

</span> </td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

YUP, got this system also. Edited by jlh10101
This is from my comcast GEOwatch (whatever that is)

NOT TRUSTWATCH VERIFIED. [?]

The site www.paulding.com has not been verified by TrustWatch, a web site verification service. Please take caution in proceeding to this site, especially if you are prompted for private or personal information.

And just so ya'll know, I'm not at his house-I don't even know where he lives ;)

I just got a generic popup block. And novella has no idea where I live. :lol:

valign="middle">[flash=750,220]http://www.paulding.com/news/weekend.swf[/flash]

style="text-align: center; color: rgb(51, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 102, 255);"
valign="undefined"> href="http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?act=post&do=new_post&f=269"> size="+6">Start

style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"> style="color: black;">THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,

Somebody else quote the OP and see if this is what you get????

<table

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center"

valign="middle">[flash=750,220]http://www.paulding.com/news/weekend.swf </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td

valign="undefined"><a

href="http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?act=post&do=new_post&f=269"><font

size="+6"><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Start

New topic</span></font></a></td>

<td align="undefined" valign="undefined"><span

style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"><span

style="color: black;">THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people

I never liked anyway,

</span>

</span> </td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Like this?

I don't know what it's supposed to do, but when I clicked on it, it opened another window.

THIS ONE

Is that what it's supposed to do?

And I'm using IE, and no pop up. Just another window.

Yes, the mast includes the link to the Portal page, which in this case is the mast for the Weekend Portal. Nothing new here ... the weekend portal has been around since mid April, with the video box to the right, the ad directory in the left panel and the main forum page in the middle.

1Novella. trust_1.gif

As far as the comcast trust verification, I've never heard of their 'service' ... compete.com, however, does consider paulding.com a trusted site and for that matter, the only personal data we 'require' is a frigging working email address. If you want to buy a subscription, we send you to Paypal.com ... which comcast - irate that the public won't let them meter their broadband like AOL used to do 15 years ago (nickel a minute at 14.400bps for downloads) apparently has decided to screw with the 'free and open Internet.' (Yes Inovella, they want to charge you for Internet access and then they want to charge those who publish on the Internet a fee to be quickly downloaded. It is an issue called open access and Comcast and AT&T and others are doing their best to turn it into their proprietary playground so they can soak both you and I.)

Oh, and try avg antivirus ... it gives this report for paulding.com

Untitled_2.gif

pubby

The part in bold isn't showing properly in the OP and may be the sourse of the problem.

JLH:

the reason the text doesn't show in the original post is that it is the same color as the background. Kind of like this: I'll change the color to a little off white so you'll have a hard time seeing it.

JLH:

the reason the text doesn't show in the original post is that it is the same color as the background. Kind of like this: I'll change the color to a little off white so you'll have a hard time seeing it.

Trying to help here bud. Why is the code showing up when I quote???

Bot checker is done. I am going to try again.

Yup, still hitting the popup blocker.

Trying to help here bud. Why is the code showing up when I quote???

Bot checker is done. I am going to try again.

Yup, still hitting the popup blocker.

The HTML CODE shows up because I use HTML to build a table. All commerce members have the ability to use limited HTML ... no javascript but it does allow posting of flash (although I used the BBCode for flash.)

If you look at it, you'll see it is nothing more than the code for the table, a link to the 'new topic' page for the weekend forum and the black text on a black background that you can see in the table's cell by highlighting the text.

the reason I believe it is something on your puter is that:

1. It doesn't show on mine.

2. this is typical behavior for popup ad-ware/spyware ... they like the idea of people associating it with a site they visit often ... makes it seem more credible.

3. Is the ad a national ad? what is it for? Is it local? If it is and if it is not local you can bet that it did not originate from paulding.com

pubby

PS: You'd get the same kind of code if you replied to the Paulding.com News program original post, BTW.

If you want to check something, check this link: http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?sh...view=getnewpost

.. or this: http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?sh...view=getnewpost

They are virtually identical to the weekend mast except they use a different .swf and a different forum number for the new topic link and a different black type on black background quote.

Yes, the mast includes the link to the Portal page, which in this case is the mast for the Weekend Portal. Nothing new here ... the weekend portal has been around since mid April, with the video box to the right, the ad directory in the left panel and the main forum page in the middle.

1Novella. post-2-1242010182_thumb.jpg

As far as the comcast trust verification, I've never heard of their 'service' ... compete.com, however, does consider paulding.com a trusted site and for that matter, the only personal data we 'require' is a frigging working email address. If you want to buy a subscription, we send you to Paypal.com ... which comcast - irate that the public won't let them meter their broadband like AOL used to do 15 years ago (nickel a minute at 14.400bps for downloads) apparently has decided to screw with the 'free and open Internet.' (Yes Inovella, they want to charge you for Internet access and then they want to charge those who publish on the Internet a fee to be quickly downloaded. It is an issue called open access and Comcast and AT&T and others are doing their best to turn it into their proprietary playground so they can soak both you and I.)

Oh, and try avg antivirus ... it gives this report for paulding.com

post-2-1242010457_thumb.jpg

pubby

Pubby I wasn't trying to be mean-I was just telling you what mine said when it popped up.

I don't speak puter, don't know what it means. I hit the big circle button and it comes on-when I shut it, it turns off- I can type, but not fix it or even tell you what I'm typing on if the sticker is missing.

I trust ya'll -didn't mean for you to take it wrong.

Pubby I wasn't trying to be mean-I was just telling you what mine said when it popped up.

I don't speak puter, don't know what it means. I hit the big circle button and it comes on-when I shut it, it turns off- I can type, but not fix it or even tell you what I'm typing on if the sticker is missing.

I trust ya'll -didn't mean for you to take it wrong.

My ire was at comcast ... and the issue is net neutrality:

Control of data

Supporters of network neutrality want a legal mandate ensuring that cable companies allow Internet service providers (ISPs) free access to their cable lines, which is called a common carriage agreement, and the model used for dial-up Internet. Network neutrality advocates want to ensure that cable companies can not screen, interrupt or filter Internet content without court order.[13]

SaveTheInternet.com accuses cable and telecommunications companies such as AT&T, Verizon, Comcast and Time Warner of wanting "to be Internet gatekeepers, deciding which Web sites go fast or slow and which won't load at all". According to SaveTheInternet.com these companies want to "tax content providers to guarantee speedy delivery of their data ... to discriminate in favor of their own search engines, Internet phone services, and streaming video — while slowing down or blocking their competitors."[24] Vinton Cerf, a co-inventor of the Internet Protocol (IP) and current Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google, has supported efforts to introduce network neutrality legislation in the US, arguing that "the Internet was designed with no gatekeepers over new content or services."[25] Cerf concluded that:

Allowing broadband carriers to control what people see and do online would fundamentally undermine the principles that have made the Internet such a success.

—Vinton Cerf in testimony before Congress February 7, 2006[22]

See, that comcast now has a company that says that pcom should not be trusted sounds like they're discouraging browsing to 'sites they control' or who haven't paid the fee to be 'approved' by them. I never heard of their 'security service' but lets just say I'm skeptical.

pubby

See, that comcast now has a company that says that pcom should not be trusted sounds like they're discouraging browsing to 'sites they control' or who haven't paid the fee to be 'approved' by them. I never heard of their 'security service' but lets just say I'm skeptical.

pubby

Are you telling me that all it would take for you to be a "trusted site" is $$?

I thought they were checking ya'll out for us-what a rip off..

Now I get the tone in the thread.

JSYK-hubby does the puters-not I. And don't fault him too much-he gets greasy for a living, and he understands them better than I do...but probably couldn't keep up with half you guys trying to talk about it. (course ya'll have a hard time keeping up with him and cars soo it's all good.)

Are you telling me that all it would take for you to be a "trusted site" is $$?

I thought they were checking ya'll out for us-what a rip off..

Now I get the tone in the thread.

JSYK-hubby does the puters-not I. And don't fault him too much-he gets greasy for a living, and he understands them better than I do...but probably couldn't keep up with half you guys trying to talk about it. (course ya'll have a hard time keeping up with him and cars soo it's all good.)

Can't say that the particular supplier requires a fee as I've not been pitched such. What I do know is that as a policy comcast and the other major ISP's seek the right to do so and have been seeking that right since 2005 or so. Hence Vinton Cerf's testimony before Congress February 7, 2006.

Given that history, I wouldn't put it past them.

pubby

The HTML CODE shows up because I use HTML to build a table. All commerce members have the ability to use limited HTML ... no javascript but it does allow posting of flash (although I used the BBCode for flash.)

To elaborate, pubby and Commerce members have the ability to post HTML, but if a non-commerce member quotes it, the HTML will show because they did not have the ability to post the HTML.

the reason I believe it is something on your puter is that:

1. It doesn't show on mine.

2. this is typical behavior for popup ad-ware/spyware ... they like the idea of people associating it with a site they visit often ... makes it seem more credible.

3. Is the ad a national ad? what is it for? Is it local? If it is and if it is not local you can bet that it did not originate from paulding.com

I am pretty certain that the "pop-up" that is being blocked on certain users' computers is just the new window containing the portal that would otherwise be opened. No ad, just the software preventing script from opening a new window.

To elaborate, pubby and Commerce members have the ability to post HTML, but if a non-commerce member quotes it, the HTML will show because they did not have the ability to post the HTML.

I am pretty certain that the "pop-up" that is being blocked on certain users' computers is just the new window containing the portal that would otherwise be opened. No ad, just the software preventing script from opening a new window.

I would have thought that too, November Rain... but they reported it on the forum post only ... and the only link for the portal is in the swf file and does not automatically open without clicking on it.

Oh, and the page for the portal doesn't use a script, but rather an old HTML approach called frames or a frameset that loads content from three independent pages into a shell that defines the page. It should not set off any 'popup blockers.'

BTW: framesets were extensively used a decade ago but have largely fallen from favor. This link (a FAQ on traveling to Mexico) http://www.turtleandtoad.com/FAQ/Design/Pages/FAQFrSet.htm ... is an example of how frame sets have traditionally been used.

pubby

I don't know what it's supposed to do, but when I clicked on it, it opened another window.

THIS ONE

Is that what it's supposed to do?

And I'm using IE, and no pop up. Just another window.

I only see this when I click your link. I do not see it when I open up this post

• 9 months later...