Paulding.com

If it is "saved" too much the insurance carrier may want to try and rebuild it - a lemon in the making.

I didn't hear anything further on the call, but I suspect that someone is eating fried Golf this evening.

If it is "saved" too much the insurance carrier may want to try and rebuild it - a lemon in the making.

I didn't hear anything further on the call, but I suspect that someone is eating fried Golf this evening.

Yea, if they keep it within the engine compartment, they might try to save it, but even then I would think it would be a close call. Replacing all the wiring harnesses that lead to the engine would be pretty expensive.

I agree however, that "I" wouldn't want it rebuilt.

The dealer dropped my 6 month old minivan off the service rack some years ago from 4-5 feet up, blowing the right front tire, and it flipped over on it's side. Estimated damage was over 8K and they wanted to rebuild it. Had to argue quite a bit to get a new one instead.

SG

I saw this. My kids and I were out running some errands and were passed by 11 sherriff officers on 381 apparantly responding to the man with the gun. And then we came down Old Cartersville to Northside Church and there in front of us was a car on fire in the entrance to Paulding Meadows. It was a young man and he appeared to be okay. The fire department had not appeared yet but i'm sure they were on there way.

Very exciting afternoon. New way to entertain the kids. Just drive them around Paulding County.

I have stopped for three car fires. I carry a 10 pound fire extinguisher in my truck. None of them have ever made a difference in a car fire where heat and fuel are present. Next time I will just let it burn - those extinguishers cost $70 each.