Paulding.com

It is with heavy heart to announce the passing of one of the best friends I never met face to face. Michael lost his long battle with cancer yesterday morning at 7:32 a.m. He died peacefully, without pain, at home. Survived by his wife Shannon and 14 year old son Nicholas. He was a signmaker, artist, a poet, Baptist preacher, loving husband, and a great father. He was from Bauxite, Arkansas. I know noone here knows him, but he was a very special friend of mine.

Michael was a fellow administrator at another website, Signforums.com. I never got the priveledge to meet him face to face, but spent many a time chattting with him online and on Yahoo chat. He touched many lives at our small, online signmakers retreat. He will be missed by many.

He shared his last days with us online, Shannon typing the words he wanted to say. He shared many stories of his childhood, his travels as a Baptist preacher, and just how he made that great looking sign sitting in front of the Bauxite Florist in his town. No one could ever figure out how he made it and he always said he would tell us one day, we never knew it would be from his death bed.

Another member of Signforums made a tribute website for Michael, here Michael's Place. If you desire to watch it, please do not be offended with the Porky Pig at the end. That was a special request by Michael before his death. Michael also had a video production made to be played at his funeral, it has Porky on it also. He wanted to look down from Heaven and see the looks on peoples faces when at the end of the video Porky said his "That's All Folks". He was always a joker. I have a picture of him in my mind sitting next to God this Sunday watching his funeral service, when Porky Pig says his thing, I can picture him nudging God and saying "that's my favorite part" :lol:

All the words written in the tribute are Michael's words, written in the last months. His screen name on Signforums was mgbless, May God bless.

Goodbye my friend, we will miss you. God speed, Michael.

Edited by Scott
It is with heavy heart to announce the passing of one of the best friends I never met face to face. Michael lost his long battle with cancer yesterday morning at 7:32 a.m. He died peacefully, without pain, at home. Survived by his wife Shannon and 14 year old son Nicholas. He was a signmaker, artist, a poet, Baptist preacher, loving husband, and a great father. He was from Bauxite, Arkansas. I know noone here knows him, but he was a very special friend of mine.

Michael was a fellow administrator at another website, Signforums.com. I never got the priveledge to meet him face to face, but spent many a time chattting with him online and on Yahoo chat. He touched many lives at our small, online signmakers retreat. He will be missed by many.

He shared his last days with us online, Shannon typing the words he wanted to say. He shared many stories of his childhood, his travels as a Baptist preacher, and just how he made that great looking sign sitting in front of the Bauxite Florist in his town. No one could ever figure out how he made it and he always said he would tell us one day, we never knew it would be from his death bed.

Another member of Signforums made a tribute website for Michael, here Michael's Place. If you desire to watch it, please do not be offended with the Porky Pig at the end. That was a special request by Michael before his death. Michael also had a video production made to be played at his funeral, it has Porky on it also. He wanted to look down from Heaven and see the looks on peoples faces when at the end of the video Porky said his "That's All Folks". He was always a joker. I have a picture of him in my mind sitting next to God this Sunday watching his funeral service, when Porky Pig says his thing, I can picture him nudging God and saying "that's my favorite part" :lol:

Goodbye my friend, we will miss you. God speed, Michael.

I'm so sorry to hear of this. :(

It seems to me that he kept his sense of humor, even up until the end, that's really special! :)

Bless your heart, that was a wonderful post :)

Scott, the link you provided to his tribute was incredibly touching. The comments quoted by him there remind us all why life is important and I'd lie if I said it didn't bring tears to my eyes. I love the song in the background too. It's always been one of my favorite songs. Thanks for sharing this.