Paulding.com

Was principal's statement at Stone Mountain Academy graduation racist?

Published on May 9, 2015
According to those who were at the event, the small academy's principal accidentally dismissed the senior class early without letting the valedictorian give his speech. The principal grew upset when some students and their families did not heed her orders to come back into the auditorium for the speech  After commenting that "all of the black people were leaving," most of the crowd and students got up and left in anger. On Saturday, The principal apologized for her remarks, which were made 'in the emotional state of trying to let this last student finish his speech'

The incident happened at TNT Academy's HS graduation in Lilburn, Georgia. The principal's name is Nancy Gordeuk. In the past, students have alleged that the school and its founder Nancy Gordeuk hold disparaging views towards people of color, and at yesterday's graduation ceremony they unexpectedly received validation.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

The woman is off the chain. She called someone a "little goober" and a coward. She gets the crowd riled up with that statement and when everyone starts leaving she demands the doors be locked/closed. I'm not sure which one she said.

I think she's incredibly stupid. She admitted she forgot to let the valedictorian speak, got upset when everyone was leaving when they were dismissed and then made the remark in anger that all the "black" folks were leaving.

I think our true beliefs come out in the heat of the moment.

I'm thinking deep down, maybe she is racist.

And a control freak.

And not much of a professional.

To think that these parent's hard earned money for tuition pays this women's salary.

The young people graduating will not have good memories of that day.

People think that private schools give their children better educations.

Being private they also make their own rules and decide what is and is not appropriate behavior by their teachers.

We ran into some issues with that. 15 years ago when searching for a private school for our son we decided against a few schools because there was no diversity in the students. It just did not feel right that all the kids were white.

To think that these parent's hard earned money for tuition pays this women's salary.

The young people graduating will not have good memories of that day.

People think that private schools give their children better educations.

Being private they also make their own rules and decide what is and is not appropriate behavior by their teachers.

We ran into some issues with that. 15 years ago when searching for a private school for our son we decided against a few schools because there was no diversity in the students. It just did not feel right that all the kids were white.

That's what I was thinking................they're paying this woman to talk to them like dogs?? LOL She's crazy.

And yes, you have to be very careful with small private schools. I ran into a couple that were awful when my kids were growing up.

Oh Lort! The devil was in the house

Georgia principal apologizes for making racial remarks at graduation

‘The devil was in the house and came out from my mouth,’ Nancy Gordeuk says

Dylan Stableford
By Dylan Stableford
2 hours ago

Yahoo News

A Georgia principal has apologized for making racially charged remarks at her school’s graduation ceremony.

Nancy Gordeuk, founder and principal of TNT Academy in Stone Mountain, Ga., shocked those in attendance at Friday’s commencement when she chastised some for leaving early by saying, “Look who’s leaving, all the black people.”

The comments, captured on cellphone video, sparked immediate outrage at the ceremony, as dozens of students and parents erupted, leaving in protest. The footage quickly circulated on social media, with some calling for Gordeuk’s resignation.

“A terrible mistake on my part of the graduation ceremony on Friday night,” Gordeuk wrote in an email to parents published by WXIA-TV. “The devil was in the house and came out from my mouth. I deeply apologize for my racist comment and hope that forgiveness [is] in your hearts. We all make mistakes, and anyone who knows me realizes that I try my hardest to work with the students for them to obtain their goal of a high school diploma.”

Donte Lambert, a graduating student who was in attendance, told the NBC affiliate that Gordeuk had inadvertently dismissed the students before the valedictorian’s speech.

“She forgot the final speech,” Lambert said. “So she dismissed us all at first. Then she told everyone to come back.”

Gordeuk said the crowd then became “disruptive” and rude.

“When I looked up, all I saw was black families leaving, and thus the comment,” Gordeuk told NBC News.

“It was not a statement of racism,” a tearful Gordeuk told KABC-TV. “It was just my frustration.”

http://news.yahoo.com/georgia-principal-look-whos-leaving-all-the-black-people-video-130048314.html