Paulding.com

Paulding County Schools and Parents Rights To Know....

My child is in 2nd grade and he has been talking about teacher kinda being mean to students off and on this year but did not want me to go up to school and get to bottom of it. Well the other day he came home saying the principal brought him and some other students to office one at a time to ask what happens in class when student gets in trouble. I called principal and he said all he could tell me is that he was trying to find out some info about a student and that he could not say. Sounds like its not the student that they are trying to find out about. My question is this. Don't I have a right to know being my son is in that class and is being questioned?

Sounds like the principal is aware of your concerns and is telling you that he/she is investigating it. They can't tell you much because it's an employment issue as well as a teaching issue. I would check back in in a week or two and go from there. But, I very much see the principal telling you that they hear you and they are looking into the situation.

• Like 3

Thanks for that reply.My family thinks I should go up there to school in morning and demand room change and answers. But I feel that if I wait out next couple days and not jump the gun it will all come out in the wash. Then again other part of me says that is my child and people are crazy.

Thanks for that reply.My family thinks I should go up there to school in morning and demand room change and answers. But I feel that if I wait out next couple days and not jump the gun it will all come out in the wash. Then again other part of me says that is my child and people are crazy.

I sent you a PM