Paulding.com

Bob Snelling, candidate for Georgia House of Representatives, District 66, on a State Fair Tax. This

I will be campaigning for Kimberly Alexander, The fair tax that Mr. Snelling is spewing out will be the same as taxing my Social Security

Out of likes, Whitey! I know you support her. That's the beauty of all this, we can be on opposite sides of stuff but still be friends! Proud to know you and work with you on what we agree on!! :drinks:

• Like 1

Out of likes, Whitey! I know you support her. That's the beauty of all this, we can be on opposite sides of stuff but still be friends! Proud to know you and work with you on what we agree on!! :drinks:

He helped to give us Perdue why not Alexander for another 2 years. Working hard to see that does not happen.

• Like 1

I will be campaigning for Kimberly Alexander, The fair tax that Mr. Snelling is spewing out will be the same as taxing my Social Security

K.V. you are ALWAYS making IDIOTIC comments...Do you EVER have a rational thought? I realize you are held back in your thinking by your UNION mentality background BUT if you don't know about something...PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!!!! The FAIR TAX is the absolute best thing we could EVER implement to get rid of the I.R.S. and it will in NO WAY effect your Social Security...That is Democratic BS...

• Like 1

He helped to give us Perdue why not Alexander for another 2 years. Working hard to see that does not happen.

I'll be working hard to get Bob Snelling elected as well. If Whitey wants to work for Kimberly, that's fine. You know where I'll be about every Saturday Bob needs me.

Yea, a lot of crossover for Perdue, :angry2: still think Kingston was the best man for the job, but I will also work to make sure Michelle Nunn stays home. :D

• Like 1

I'll be working hard to get Bob Snelling elected as well. If Whitey wants to work for Kimberly, that's fine. You know where I'll be about every Saturday Bob needs me.

Yea, a lot of crossover for Perdue, :angry2: still think Kingston was the best man for the job, but I will also work to make sure Michelle Nunn stays home. :D

I am sure some who supported Perdue are going to love his willingness to be a team player. http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/07/31/david-perdue-reportedly-pledges-to-be-a-team-player-for-mitch-mcconnell/

Course I won't say I told you so........

• Like 1

My goodness, you're right on this one Whitey! ... The idea of sales/consumption taxes are aimed at taxing those with the least while letting those who are the wealthiest avoid taxes. How? The poor have to spend every cent they get on the necessities and so are taxed at lets say 7 percent of their entire income while the wealthy, who spend but a tenth of their incomes on consumables, end up paying less than a percent of their incomes on taxes. It is the exact opposite of the progressive income tax and it is why sales taxes are by definition regressive and impact the less fortunate.

K.V. you are ALWAYS making IDIOTIC comments...Do you EVER have a rational thought? I realize you are held back in your thinking by your UNION mentality background BUT if you don't know about something...PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!!!! The FAIR TAX is the absolute best thing we could EVER implement to get rid of the I.R.S. and it will in NO WAY effect your Social Security...That is Democratic BS...

CPR ... now you're being absolutely abusive ... and I'll be the arbiter of who is asked to shut up.

The fair tax is the absolute worst thing we could ever implement and while it is a very conservative, republican approach - it has the support of those folks because regressive taxes, particularly consumption taxes, are for the wealthy optional taxes. Only those who spend all they earn on taxes have no option as to payment but the wealthy, because there is no requirement to replace the two year old car or install a new living room suite - they bought good quality furniture before the fair tax upped the ante - can choose to delay their purchases.

I've felt this regressive tax system is absurd from a policy standpoint on both the state and federal levels. Take this for instance; assume the time is again 2000 and there is a move to take the St. Andrews Cross from the flag because of its racial connotations and all of a sudden, the ten percent of wealthy people boycott optional purchase forcing the curtailment of state programs under threat of boycott.

The point is that while sales taxes are a legitimate tax, the level of taxation needed to convert all taxation to this type of consumption tax would distort and jeopardize the smooth and reasonable collection of revenues for the operations of government.

To suggest anyone that opposes this most idiotic, unfair and inappropriate form of taxation as an idiot takes the cake. I mean even naming it the fair tax is an exercise in hypocrisy that should damn anyone uttering the name without disdain to fires of hades.

pubby

You are always spouting off about something that you know absolutely nothing about. Fact is for a large majority of social security recipients they pay no federal or state taxes on the benefits received,, The consumption tax is paid on what you spend so yes I will pay taxes on my Social Security Benefits if I spend that money And BTW no one paid Taxes on Social Security benefits until Ronald Regan Signed that into law. You are just letting your mouth spew out lies before you put your brain into gear, Of course you knew this but you had rather embellish your position with a bunch of lies....... Seriously CPR speak the truth when you type something here it can never be recalled it is out there for ever. And it really shows just how stupid you are :D

• Like 1

So retired people now living on fixed incomes, who paid taxes all their lives, paid the tax when they cashed in their 401k's and are now just trying to get by are suppose to get excited at paying 28% sales tax ?

Maybe a great idea if you're rich and putting away most of your salary in the bank, not so great if all you can afford is your over priced prescriptions and a loaf of bread.

• Like 2

My goodness, you're right on this one Whitey! ... The idea of sales/consumption taxes are aimed at taxing those with the least while letting those who are the wealthiest avoid taxes. How? The poor have to spend every cent they get on the necessities and so are taxed at lets say 7 percent of their entire income while the wealthy, who spend but a tenth of their incomes on consumables, end up paying less than a percent of their incomes on taxes. It is the exact opposite of the progressive income tax and it is why sales taxes are by definition regressive and impact the less fortunate.

CPR ... now you're being absolutely abusive ... and I'll be the arbiter of who is asked to shut up.

The fair tax is the absolute worst thing we could ever implement and while it is a very conservative, republican approach - it has the support of those folks because regressive taxes, particularly consumption taxes, are for the wealthy optional taxes. Only those who spend all they earn on taxes have no option as to payment but the wealthy, because there is no requirement to replace the two year old car or install a new living room suite - they bought good quality furniture before the fair tax upped the ante - can choose to delay their purchases.

I've felt this regressive tax system is absurd from a policy standpoint on both the state and federal levels. Take this for instance; assume the time is again 2000 and there is a move to take the St. Andrews Cross from the flag because of its racial connotations and all of a sudden, the ten percent of wealthy people boycott optional purchase forcing the curtailment of state programs under threat of boycott.

The point is that while sales taxes are a legitimate tax, the level of taxation needed to convert all taxation to this type of consumption tax would distort and jeopardize the smooth and reasonable collection of revenues for the operations of government.

To suggest anyone that opposes this most idiotic, unfair and inappropriate form of taxation as an idiot takes the cake. I mean even naming it the fair tax is an exercise in hypocrisy that should damn anyone uttering the name without disdain to fires of hades.

pubby

There goes the typical democratic class warfare. It worked for Lenin, and Mao, and now it’s working for Obama. The progressive income tax is by its very nature unfair.

There goes the typical democratic class warfare. It worked for Lenin, and Mao, and now it’s working for Obama. The progressive income tax is by its very nature unfair.

Oh this is class warfare all right and it's being waged against those that are less likely and less able to defend themselves against it.

• Like 1

Not class warfare Jim. .just factual information the state and Feds do not tax certain portions of the Social Security benefit presently. The so called fair tax will tax Social Security when you purchase something.

I am willing to listen to you explain how this is class warfare, Please do explain..

Whitey, there will be exceptions for those on fixed incomes, such as Social Security. Kind of like getting your senior discount at Kroger or Baby Janes. ;)

It will just require verification.

Edited by tundra

There will be exceptions as Tundra mentioned for people on fixed incomes, pensions etc. Depending on your income level you should come out about the same. As for the class warfare I was referring to Pubby's attacking those that have worked hard and made something of themselves and condemning people that disagrees with him to Hades. When you can’t win on the facts you condemn.

• Like 2

Bob Snelling on tax exceptions for lower income families in a proposed State Consumer (Fair)Tax

This Consumer Tax would replace the current Georgia Income Tax.

Video not working, What makes you think I am lower income anyway?

Just stating Bob's position.

Sounded to me that he did not have a clear proposal,..... From my stand point I am perfectly satisfied with the state income tax like it is. Heck it is the SPLOST taxes that need to go away. Boyd Austin uses the SPLOST taxes to build sidewalks to nowhere and the city roads are full of pot holes WTH is going in in Dallas?

I wouldn't concern myself too much with this as it has a snowballs chance in Hell of ever being passed.

I never thought the legislature would eliminate the Home Owners Tax Relief Credit either, but it has not been funded now it about four years or more. So........ You never know what this legislature might do.

I never thought the legislature would eliminate the Home Owners Tax Relief Credit either, but it has not been funded now it about four years or more. So........ You never know what this legislature might do.

You have a point, In fact if this clown Snelling wants to do something useful how about some tax relief on property taxes instead of jacking me up everytime I go to the gas station or buy a loaf of bread.

You have a point, In fact if this clown Snelling wants to do something useful how about some tax relief on property taxes instead of jacking me up everytime I go to the gas station or buy a loaf of bread.

Wasn't aware Mr. Snelling was a clown.

Are you in District 66? You people really know how to drive off new folks with insults.

• Like 2

Hey Jim...Does Bob support the expansion at the airport to provide commercial passenger service?

Not sure but I will find out. He knows I am very much against it. That's one of the reasons I helped Vernon and Tony in the primary. Edited by Jim Ormond
  • Like 1

Not sure but I will find out. He knows I am very much against it. That's one of the reasons I helped Vernon and Tony in the primary.

WHITEY, got this reply from Bob. Hope it answers your question.

The voters clearly spoke against the expansion during the recent primary season. My tendency is to go with the voters who will be most impacted by those kinds of decisions therefore I oppose it but I'll have no influence on that decision in the legislature. Bob

• Like 1

pubby

I don't mean to come off as some of my post do...BUT I get SO tired of listening to K.V. and his constant badgering of our county and its elected officials. Sitting in the BOC meeting and watching him attack and yes I mean ATTACK David and the others was embarrassing and with media in the room from 46, the AJC, MDJ and others you just know it going to end up on the news. This is how anyone watching the news thinks Paulding County people are! It's like whenever there is a tornado and they always find the some goofy looking woman in curlers or some ole boy in overalls standing in a trailer park talking bout it that you can't understand!

Paulding County is home to over 147,000 people now...MOST educated!!! The impression K.V. leaves with people is HORRIBLE!!!!