Paulding.com

One year ago today, the whole world stopped

It's been one year since the sudden loss of my nephew, The NAVY Diver. Obviously, it has effected all of us in many painful ways, but unfortunately, it was also the event that completely divided our family forever. While our hearts may never heal, I am asking for prayers for my sister and her family, for all the extended family, and for ourselves.

Thank you.

It's been one year since the sudden loss of my nephew, The NAVY Diver. Obviously, it has effected all of us in many painful ways, but unfortunately, it was also the event that completely divided our family forever. While our hearts may never heal, I am asking for prayers for my sister and her family, for all the extended family, and for ourselves.

Thank you.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Thank you.

Bless your heart, I know all too well how a sudden death can break a family. I wouldn't wish that pain and heartache on my worst enemy. Sending good thoughts your way.

Thank you all for the warm thoughts and prayers. I could feel my strength renewing as the day went on. I am sure my sister could too. I am glad today is here, though.

Now, to get through Memorial Day. For my family, Memorial Day was always the kick off for summer vacation. It was our big BBQ weekend. My father (Marines) and husband (Army) served, many other family members who recently went into the Navy in my nephew's honor. But now that we've actually lost someone IN service, this coming weekend has a whole new meaning for us. I hope that no one who reads this will ever have to think about Memorial Day Weekend the same way we do.

Now, on to living. That's the best tribute, I think, to just live.