Paulding.com

New Shop is OPEN for business now!

Okay! I finally got my new business cards in today, and guess what?? The address doesn't work on GPS or mapquest. But if you type in 1624 Rosedale Drive, Hiram, GA 30141 that shows exactly where I am located. Business hours are Mon-Fri (some Sat's) from 11:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. Just give me a call at 678-315-8794. Thanks!!

Glenn

(Glenn's Mower & Small engine Repair)

Here's what the new bizz cards look like (but remember to use the address I mentioned so you can find it. ;)

IMG.jpg

I'm so excited for you!! I know you're happy to get out of that basement, too.

Lots of great memories of that area for me. Many, many good times and many good friends. Hope it has the same effect on you.

Actually, I loved working from home, but now I realize that my house wreaked a lot from gas. I reckon I had just gotten used to it. Pretty soon I'll be able to use my garage for my CAR!!! :lol:

The man who owns the property the shop is on is Pete Brown. Apparently he is well known around Paulding, and might I say he is one of the NICEST elderly men I have met in a long time. Some mornings we'll stand around and chew the fat for up to a half hour. He's very happy about the highway coming in and the business it will generate, as I am also. :)

I am very stoked about it all, but I also understand that the off season will be tough, as it always is. I am working on getting some commerce account for tree service companies, and others who specialize in winter and cold weather services. There's a lot more out there than you would think when you look into it....lots of different kinds of equipment, but still using the same engines I repair daily. I have to work every angle I can to survive the cold season. In fact, I was up till after 3 a.m. last night digging into other types of machines that are used primarily in colder weather. I have also thought about offering log splitting services and things like that this fall and winter, as an example of where I'm taking this.

I think I remember Mr Brown. At least the name rings a bell. Many, many mornings it was 1 or 2 hours after we opened before my husband could do the first bit of work because the "neighbors" would stop in to talk. Even some from over on Pierce Road would come by from time to time.

We were in the beige building, where Pit Stop is (actually next door to Pit Stop). Saw so many changes in that area. And you are RIGHT on the new road, too! :good:

I am soooo excited for you! I love seeing people do good, especially good people doing good.

Actually, I loved working from home, but now I realize that my house wreaked a lot from gas. I reckon I had just gotten used to it. Pretty soon I'll be able to use my garage for my CAR!!! :lol:

The man who owns the property the shop is on is Pete Brown. Apparently he is well known around Paulding, and might I say he is one of the NICEST elderly men I have met in a long time. Some mornings we'll stand around and chew the fat for up to a half hour. He's very happy about the highway coming in and the business it will generate, as I am also. :)

I am very stoked about it all, but I also understand that the off season will be tough, as it always is. I am working on getting some commerce account for tree service companies, and others who specialize in winter and cold weather services. There's a lot more out there than you would think when you look into it....lots of different kinds of equipment, but still using the same engines I repair daily. I have to work every angle I can to survive the cold season. In fact, I was up till after 3 a.m. last night digging into other types of machines that are used primarily in colder weather. I have also thought about offering log splitting services and things like that this fall and winter, as an example of where I'm taking this.

I think I remember Mr Brown. At least the name rings a bell. Many, many mornings it was 1 or 2 hours after we opened before my husband could do the first bit of work because the "neighbors" would stop in to talk. Even some from over on Pierce Road would come by from time to time.

We were in the beige building, where Pit Stop is (actually next door to Pit Stop). Saw so many changes in that area. And you are RIGHT on the new road, too! :good:

I am soooo excited for you! I love seeing people do good, especially good people doing good.

Thank you! :) I've been loading up equipment since I got home today, so I had to stop in for a smoke and some pcom time. It's really cool...I just now made enough room to pull my truck INSIDE my garage! :lol: It's been a lot of hard work and I have to give it all I've got because at my age (47) this is probably my last chance to make something really good for not only myself but for my community, as well.

Congratulations and best of luck on your new shop!

Thanks! Now listen, you folks are always welcome to just drop by and check it out, and just shoot the breeze with me if you want. I'm going for that "Walley's Gas Station" feel like a nice quaint little shop where people come for repairs or to just say hi. But you never know...you may find something you like that's for sale. We've got a lot of rebuilt stuff for low prices. In fact, I've slashed priced left and right just to clear the shop out. ;)

I even thought about setting up a litle table outside with a checker board for the older folks who just want to pass the time. :lol: I would also like to get a Coke machine in there and just fill it up with beer. (Just kidding...I've got a beer fridge at home, thank you very much!) :p

You sound more and more like the way things used to be over there. Always had a checkers game going on and always had beer in the fridge. Now, if you tell me you plan on a killer New Year's party that starts on December 17 and runs through January 2, I will know that it IS the area. :rofl:

Thanks! Now listen, you folks are always welcome to just drop by and check it out, and just shoot the breeze with me if you want. I'm going for that "Walley's Gas Station" feel like a nice quaint little shop where people come for repairs or to just say hi. But you never know...you may find something you like that's for sale. We've got a lot of rebuilt stuff for low prices. In fact, I've slashed priced left and right just to clear the shop out. ;)

I even thought about setting up a litle table outside with a checker board for the older folks who just want to pass the time. :lol: I would also like to get a Coke machine in there and just fill it up with beer. (Just kidding...I've got a beer fridge at home, thank you very much!) :p

Thanks guys. I just hauled in my last load of tables and equipment this morning. Everything is organized and ready to roll. There's plenty of room to keep equipment locked up tight indoors, and since I have my own parts guy, we are getting most repairs out the door the same day they come in. SPEEDY service!!

You folks just bring them on. BTW, even though my overhead has gone up, I'll still make sure you get the best quality and rates that I always provided yall in the past. ;)

Oh, and one more thing yall....I am taking in 4-wheelers, especially since deer season is almost here. Tell your friends. Our repairs include many other things besides mowers, such as log splitters, pressure washers, go-karts, generators, etc. Basically anything with a gasoline engine on it that doesn't exceed 30 HP in size, we fix it. I am also working out a deal with a machine shop next to my shop for specialty items and custom parts fabrication. :)

Love machine shops. :wub: :blush:

Tell him you know where he can buy some machine shop equipment if he's interested. Then let me know. We have some for sale since hubby had to give it up.

Oh, and one more thing yall....I am taking in 4-wheelers, especially since deer season is almost here. Tell your friends. Our repairs include many other things besides mowers, such as log splitters, pressure washers, go-karts, generators, etc. Basically anything with a gasoline engine on it that doesn't exceed 30 HP in size, we fix it. I am also working out a deal with a machine shop next to my shop for specialty items and custom parts fabrication. :)