Paulding.com

Attorney Hubert G. Holland, age 81, of Marietta, passed away on Tuesday, May 15, 2012. He was born on November 15, 1930 in Dallas, GA to the late James Monroe and Clara Isabell Carnes Holland. He was an Attorney at Law in Marietta for over 50 years and was an Air Force veteran of the Korean War. He was preceded in death by his brother, Lewell Jerome Holland.

Survivors include his wife of 52 years, Naomi Corley Holland; nieces, Jane Holland and Carol Gardner; a nephew, Jimmy Holland; great-nephews, Allen and Jason Gardner.

A memorial service will be held on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA with Reverend-Attorney at Law Jeremy Abernathy officiating and Reverend Frank Crowe. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 4:00 p.m. until the service time. The family request no flowers, donations may be made to the Hubert & Naomi Holland Scholarship Endowment at the University of West Georgia, 1601 Maple St., Carrollton, Georgia 30118. Make checks payable to West Georgia Foundation, Inc. along with a note about the Hubert & Naomi Scholarship Endowment.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

I hate to hear about Hubert, him and Naomi have been salt to this community!! They have started so many endowment funds for so many cemeteries in this county!! I truly enjoyed reading his articles and writings, he will be missed by many!! Having many family members buried at Hunt cemetery myself he would work so hard to ensure that the grounds was maintained for many generations to come!! Rest In Peace Mr. Holland.

I hate to hear about Hubert, him and Naomi have been salt to this community!! They have started so many endowment funds for so many cemeteries in this county!! I truly enjoyed reading his articles and writings, he will be missed by many!! Having many family members buried at Hunt cemetery myself he would work so hard to ensure that the grounds was maintained for many generations to come!! Rest In Peace Mr. Holland.

My sentiments exactly. A grand and giving man.

pubby

You are so right, I could not have said it any better. Hubert and Naomi have done so much for Paulding County over the years. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Naomi and family at this very difficult time. RIP Mr.Hubert :(

Agreed. Mr. Holland was a true gentleman and a gentle man. We have so many of his articles and notes and loved his knowledge of history. We in the Sparti family are saddened by his passing. Many sympathies to his family. Frank and Betty Sparti

We were on his mailing list and received a lot of information and videos about Paulding County from him. So sad to hear this. He was such a friendly man and so concerned this community.

Mr Holland was a fine gentleman and historian. He and I communicated for several years about our mutual interest in Paulding County history and genealogy. It can be truely said that his life on this earth made a difference.......for the better. My condolences to his wife and family.