Paulding.com

A compliment for Pcom ... and a key tip for folks needing storm repairs

Got this note in today's email and thought I'd just pass it along unedited. Worthwhile tip and good contact information.

pubby

Publisher,

It’s apparent your Web site is a great way to communicate in Paulding County. I am the PIO for Northwest Georgia Public Health in Rome. Paulding is in our public health district (Paulding County Health Department), and I would like to include you on my contact list for public health news, especially emergency information. What’s the best way to send you news, please?

Here’s a good example and something we’d like to get out right now to your audience:

Paulding County Environmental Health officials are cautioning property owners whose homes or businesses were damaged by last week's storms to avoid additional damage by locating their septic systems before beginning repair. "Septic systems can be damaged by heavy equipment, and much of the impacted area in Paulding County is served by individual septic systems," says Chris Collier, environmental health manager with the Paulding County Health Department. "As you clean up, repair and rebuild over the coming weeks, you will want to know where your septic system is located to protect it. We can help you with that. In most cases, we will have a copy of your septic system lay out." Collier encourages Paulding County property owners to call 770-443-7877 for assistance in locating their septic systems before beginning clean up and repair.

Thanks,

Logan Boss

Public Information Officer

Northwest Georgia Public Health

I'll talk to Logan tomorrow and see if we can't get more info quicker and more direct.

pubby

Good advice, something I probably wouldn't have thought about. I suppose you would want to know not only where the septic tank is buried, but also where the drainage field is. (The drainage field layout is apparent late in the summer, particularly if you have bermuda grass, because the grass will be greener and stay green longer over the drainage field.)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread title is a bit misleading there Pubby. This is a standard PSA. This type of email letter goes out to as many forum sites found within an affected region. They type in "All forum sites within Paulding County, Georgia. It is "blind carbon copied" to all with a generic heading such as "Dear Publisher" and so on. You, of all people, should know this.