Paulding.com

Sarah Willeva (Rackley) Dokey

Sarah Willeva (Rackley) Dokey, age 78, of Hiram, GA, passed from this life, March 14, 2011, after her long struggle with Alzheimers disease. Sarah was born in Paulding County on October 30, 1932 and was a life long resident. Before the battle with Alzheimers slowed her down, Sarah was a talented artist, singer, gardener, cook, a loving mother and grandmother. She was very active serving her community with her work in the civil defense, womens fire auxiliary, and ABWA. She retired from Lockheed after 38 years of service and was an active member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Union Local 709 in Marietta. Sarah attended Hiram High School and graduated from Massey Business School. She was very passionate, vibrant and out going during her life.

She is survived by her husband of over 40 years, Melvin Dokey; two children, Kenneth & Penny Harris of Buchanan, GA and Linda & Terrell Agan of Buchanan, GA; two grandsons, Jason & Michelle Harris and John Harris; also loved and was very proud of her extended family: one daughter, Atalie Bland of Hiram, GA; two step-daughters, Dorinda & Johnny Roberts of Brooks, GA and Doretha Eagle of Hiram, GA; three step-grandchildren, Mathew Roberts, Wayne Agan and Amanda & Paul Bell; four step-great-grandchildren; brother, Homer B. & Myra Rackley of Dallas, GA; sister, Clay Lee Rakestraw of Hiram, GA; several nieces and nephews.

She was preceded in death by her parents, W. S. Rackley & Nannie June Freeman Rackley; her sisters, Vellie Benson and Hezzie Pauline Henson; and her brothers, Warner Hollis Rackley, James T. Rackley, Dewey Marvin Rackley and Jessie Willard Rackley.

Funeral services will be Thursday, March 17, 2011, at 3:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home, with Minister Larry Musick and Minister Floyd Manning officiating. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens, with John Harris, Tony Harris, Ernie Bland, Terry Rackley, Ricky Rakestraw, and Jackie Rakestraw serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday, March 16, 2011, from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of the arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

So sorry I hadn't known of Sarah's passing. I surely would have shown my respects to the family. I still have a piece of ceramics she made as a housewarming gift for George and me. Some folks might remember Sarah working with the flowers at the Hiram Wal-Mart some years ago. Such a beautiful, loving lady. Not doubt Sarah is in a better place. May God comfort Melvin, Jason, and family.

The Englishes