Paulding.com

Melva Louise Emory, age 61, of Villa Rica, GA, passed away Tuesday, February 22, 2011. The daughter of the late, William Edward Garries and the late, Thelma Louise Garries, she was born in Atlanta, GA, September 3, 1949. Mrs. Emory was preceded in death by her sister & brother-in-law, Audrey & Roy Austin. She was an Optician for more than 38 years, and worked most recently for Sam’s Club in Hiram, GA. She was a member of Cochran Ridge Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband of 44 years, Larry Emory; sons & daughter-in-law, James Herbert Emory of Villa Rica, GA and Eddie & Shannon Emory of Ft. Rucker, AL; brother & sister-in-law, Bill & Harriett Ash of Dallas, GA; sisters & brothers-in-law, Jill & Larry Allen of Cleveland, GA and Mary & David Derrick of Fruithurst, AL; seven grandchildren; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be Friday, February 25, 2011, at 3:00 PM, from Cochran Ridge Baptist Church, with Reverend Rick Eaves officiating.

Interment will follow in Cochran Ridge Baptist Church Cemetery, with Scott Godman, Ken Stone, Nicky Austin, Kent Jones, Joey Horsley, Daniel Derrick, Matt Craft and Bill Ash serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at Clark Funeral Home on Thursday, February 24, 2011, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM, and on Friday, February 25, 2011, from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of the arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

This saddens my heart as Sister Melva was such a sweet and loving Lady with the voice of an Angel. She touched so many lives with her testimony and in song. There is comfort in knowing she is no longer in pain and is now singing in the Lord's Choir.

I've been posting on Eddie and Shannon's FB pages for the past week or so and keeping up with Sister Melva. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with the family. Sending love and condolences. :wub: