Paulding.com

Communicating with a Hairstylist

I know that it is probably frustrating for a hairstylist to have a client that doesn't know for sure how they want their hair. I took my 15 year old son to get his hair cut today at a place he has gone a couple of times before. He used to go to a guy at Great Clips/Stilesboro that understood his hair and knew how he liked it but we don't know where he is working now. The person today started out lecturing him about not wanting to give him two haircuts today and he had better know what he wants. He sat down and told her he wanted like last time but of course it's been a couple of months so she didn't remember, although she did remember that he had to come back last time and get a little more cut off. After talking about what he wanted she started cutting it. He has a hard time expressing to her exactly what he wants. She thinks she's done but he says he wants it shorter. She says her time is money that's why she told him at the beginning that she didn't want to have to give him two haircuts today. There was no one sitting in the waiting area but me. She was being very rude to him and I could tell he was getting upset. Finally he said just buzz it off, so he ended up getting it cut a lot shorter than he intended to. Everywhere I have ever gone they tell me if you want more cut just let me know or if you're not happy with it when you get home, just come back. I paid her twice what a cut is usually since she told us her time is valuable but I will not take him there again. It is not okay to be rude just because he's a teenager and it's not okay to hurt his feelings.

I know that it is probably frustrating for a hairstylist to have a client that doesn't know for sure how they want their hair. I took my 15 year old son to get his hair cut today at a place he has gone a couple of times before. He used to go to a guy at Great Clips/Stilesboro that understood his hair and knew how he liked it but we don't know where he is working now. The person today started out lecturing him about not wanting to give him two haircuts today and he had better know what he wants. He sat down and told her he wanted like last time but of course it's been a couple of months so she didn't remember, although she did remember that he had to come back last time and get a little more cut off. After talking about what he wanted she started cutting it. He has a hard time expressing to her exactly what he wants. She thinks she's done but he says he wants it shorter. She says her time is money that's why she told him at the beginning that she didn't want to have to give him two haircuts today. There was no one sitting in the waiting area but me. She was being very rude to him and I could tell he was getting upset. Finally he said just buzz it off, so he ended up getting it cut a lot shorter than he intended to. Everywhere I have ever gone they tell me if you want more cut just let me know or if you're not happy with it when you get home, just come back. I paid her twice what a cut is usually since she told us her time is valuable but I will not take him there again. It is not okay to be rude just because he's a teenager and it's not okay to hurt his feelings.

Too many hair dressers out there to put up with that crap! How a teen's hair is cut is very important to them. Hair Razor just opened a new shop and I doubt she would treat him like that.

Hairazor for sure. I have changed my mind mid hair cut before. She just keeps on cutting. If she can put up with me, she can definitely take care of you and your kid. I'd suggest going to see her. Salon J Hair Studio. Just behind Flagstar bank on 278 in Hiram.

Hairazor for sure. I have changed my mind mid hair cut before. She just keeps on cutting. If she can put up with me, she can definitely take care of you and your kid. I'd suggest going to see her. Salon J Hair Studio. Just behind Flagstar bank on 278 in Hiram.

I was coming in here to say the same thing! Hairazor is just the bestest!! :wub:

My mouth is hanging open, there is way too much competition out there, as in a salon on every corner,

Service is the only thing that puts you ahead of the pack.

As a client I would have assumed that I was being fired by the stylist.

Most cuts and style now are around $30.00, I think 30 dollars an hour is good pay, unless you can do 2 cuts and styles then you are making $60.00 an hour.

I guess I can see where a stylist might want to rush you.

On the other hand they are going to spend at least twice that much on marketing and advertising to replace the client, and of course there is the loss of referrals which can cost thousands in the long run.

ohmy.gifnea.gif

In my opinion, if she didn't want to give him 2 haircuts, the proper thing to do is not to start before you know exactly what the client wants. I also have a motto that "You can always take more off, but you can't put it back on". Some clients have a hard time expressing what they want. YOU are paying us for a service. It is our job to ask the right questions, decipher and understand so we can give the results that you want.

• Like 2

Poor fellow!!

You should have told her to forget it. You'd take hime to someone that had more time & patience.

Hairazor makes her clients feel special, and cared for.

Please take him there next time.

Never feel intimidated by bad service. Stick up for what you are paying for and politely take yopur business elsewhere.

Your son needs help in learning how to handle bad situations too. Help him out. He'll always appreciate that.

Sorry it was bad for you.

Happy Hollidays!