Paulding.com

Any recommendations for wireless printer

I know I'm not gonna have much help for you, but I just want to share an issue I had so you can avoid it. Your laptop is 10 years old, but what Windows program is it running? Mine had Vista on it and the printer wouldn't even work when it was attached to it. Several downloads of drivers didn't work. So part of the thing you have to look at is what windows program your laptop is on and what windows program your printer will work with. All that to say is that your printer and laptop have to like each other. LOL

There are lots of computer people here to give you great advice. Being a holiday weekend it might be slow around here.

Good Luck.

If the officejet is attached to another computer on your network you can use it. Do a google search for instructions based on your operating systems (XP, Vista, etc.). If the printer is not attached to another computer, it would be best just to buy a wireless printer. I do not have a specific model recommendation but my favorite brands are Canon, Epson and HP. Look at the reviews on Amazon for specific models. If you do not need color, I would recommend a laser printer.

Yep, we go through the router from the laptop to our desktop's printer. No problem once the permissions are set up.

But, would like a recomendation for a small portable wreless printer I can take with my laptop while on vacation.

Edited by AustinPlantation

Yep, we go through the router from the laptop to our desktop's printer. No problem once the permissions are set up.

But, would like a recomendation for a small portable wreless printer I can take with my laptop while on vacation.

I have never owned a portable printer, so I'm not sure I can help much. I would say go with one of the brands I mentioned in the previous post. Also, I think having the wireless feature could get pretty spendy. You could always carry a USB cable with you to connect it.

If the officejet is attached to another computer on your network you can use it. Do a google search for instructions based on your operating systems (XP, Vista, etc.). If the printer is not attached to another computer, it would be best just to buy a wireless printer. I do not have a specific model recommendation but my favorite brands are Canon, Epson and HP. Look at the reviews on Amazon for specific models. If you do not need color, I would recommend a laser printer.

Ditto... we have an HP printer and it is hooked up to my desk top and my laptop... I love doing my coupon search on my laptop and being able to sit in my bedroom to do it and when I am ready I click print and the coupons print out in the other room where the desk top is..

and who ever is on the desk top at the time jumps when they see the printer spitting out coupons LOL

my Hp printer is about 8 years old and I use vista on my laptop and windows 7 on the desk top and both work great on the printer.

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate the help.

My 10 year old officejet was connected to a Dell running on Windows98.

Hooking the laptop to the officejet via USB when I'm ready to print sounds like a good alternative to purchasing a new printer. Where do I find the USB port on the Officejet?

(Apologies for my not being the sharpest knife in the drawer about this. The old Dell and officejet were set up and ready to go since 1999, and very reliable, so I didn't have to think further about it.)

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate the help.

My 10 year old officejet was connected to a Dell running on Windows98.

Hooking the laptop to the officejet via USB when I'm ready to print sounds like a good alternative to purchasing a new printer. Where do I find the USB port on the Officejet?

(Apologies for my not being the sharpest knife in the drawer about this. The old Dell and officejet were set up and ready to go since 1999, and very reliable, so I didn't have to think further about it.)

You printer may not have a USB port. Search for the specs on google or post the model number here and I will check.

If you get a new inkjet, make sure you get one where each color has it's own cartridge. Too many printers still use a single color cartridge which means you have to replace it as soon as one color runs out wasting the other colors.