Ingredients

1 lb. frozen meatballs, thawed

28 oz. can crushed tomatoes

1 cup water

1 1/2 Tbsp. Fiesta Party Dip Mix™

1 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic Garlic™

4 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

Combine first 5 ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cover; heat on low 2-3 hours or up to 8 hours. Sprinkle cheese over top just before serving; replace cover and cook until cheese melts. Makes 15 appetizer servings.

Fiesta Meatballs

Submitted by Rosemary (MN) HQ Resident Chef

Directions

Combine first 5 ingredients in a greased slow cooker.

Sounds good. However, I wonder how many of you use the "slow cooker" liners that came out a couple of years ago. We love them, clean up is Soooooo much easier. Especially for something with cheese in it like this recipe.

Sounds good. However, I wonder how many of you use the "slow cooker" liners that came out a couple of years ago. We love them, clean up is Soooooo much easier. Especially for something with cheese in it like this recipe.

That is a fantastic idea. There are times when the slow cooker insert sits overnight because it has to soak.

That is a fantastic idea. There are times when the slow cooker insert sits overnight because it has to soak.

We love to make sausage cheese dip in the slow cooker for parties, but it was a terrible mess, esp if you left it on during the party as the cheese dip level would drop. :o

But now it's just pull the bag out and toss it, rinse the cooker and put it away. (as long as no one rips the bag)

My worry was the plastic adding flavor, but haven't tasted a thing.