Paulding.com

Local Election Discussions

Or shall we just keep trashing the "other guys" ?

Less than 8 weeks to the election primaries now.

Do any candidates DARE to come on to P.com and talk about what they are, or are not promoting for their platforms ?

Or shall we wait for all the One on One conversations with the 50,000 voters ?

Come on candidates, let's hear where you stand, what you want, and how you feel about what you can do for Paulding County if elected.........

Or shall we just keep trashing the "other guys" ?

Less than 8 weeks to the election primaries now.

Do any candidates DARE to come on to P.com and talk about what they are, or are not promoting for their platforms ?

Or shall we wait for all the One on One conversations with the 50,000 voters ?

Come on candidates, let's hear where you stand, what you want, and how you feel about what you can do for Paulding County if elected.........

Why? You'll have 2 chances to speak to the candidates instead of making assumptions.

Sorry, I want more than that.

If someone wants to run for an office representing the people of Paulding County I would like to think they can at least come on here, or have some of their supporter do the same, and let us know where they stand on important issues.....

SPLOS

Education Funding [like how to stop from laying off teachers and increasing class sizes]

Bringing industry and jobs to Paulding

Impact fees, if and when the housing industry ever starts up again

Reservoir

And .....??????

Who is going to address Traffic?

What can the County do to improve traffic? I know the State has been dragging their feet for years, but the traffic situation especially through Hiram is a real pain. Also, I asked for a red-light in front of Paulding County High School, but the DOT said NO. Wonder why? They'll probably wait until a few kids gets killed then say a light is needed.

I have no clue who is running let alone what they are lying about errr promising to do.....will there be that early voting stuff? I sure do hate having to drive to the other end of the world just to vote.

Sorry, I want more than that.

If someone wants to run for an office representing the people of Paulding County I would like to think they can at least come on here, or have some of their supporter do the same, and let us know where they stand on important issues.....

SPLOS

Education Funding [like how to stop from laying off teachers and increasing class sizes]

Bringing industry and jobs to Paulding

Impact fees, if and when the housing industry ever starts up again

Reservoir

And .....??????

Many of them are not going to because Pcom is not their campaign trail. Meeting people and discussing issues personally is what they do.

And many of them know what happened last time and most likely will not have a repeat of that via a computer.

Again, you will have 2 chances with meet and greets.

I have no clue who is running let alone what they are lying about errr promising to do.....will there be that early voting stuff? I sure do hate having to drive to the other end of the world just to vote.

There is much out there on the Internet about all of the candidates.

What about animal control as an issue. I raise that as a possible issue because I do think the candidates for county office need to go on record about the topic.

Why?

Well, the county's 'shake up' at Animal Control has made the decision that the shelter is best run by a person with police post certification with no specific training in regard to animals.

What impact that will have on adoptions, the willingness to fine residents, how well they engage volunteers and basically the adoptions of abandoned pets, etc.

The promise is that nothing will happen to change the commitment of the county to adoptions and humane treatment of the pets.

That, no doubt, will be the case as long as the commissioners - post commissioners and chairman - all insist that the animal shelter be managed with professionalism. But have any of them gone on record in support of the efforts of the Humane society and its involvement and leadership in regard to the shelter.

pubby

What about animal control as an issue. I raise that as a possible issue because I do think the candidates for county office need to go on record about the topic.

Why?

Well, the county's 'shake up' at Animal Control has made the decision that the shelter is best run by a person with police post certification with no specific training in regard to animals.

What impact that will have on adoptions, the willingness to fine residents, how well they engage volunteers and basically the adoptions of abandoned pets, etc.

The promise is that nothing will happen to change the commitment of the county to adoptions and humane treatment of the pets.

That, no doubt, will be the case as long as the commissioners - post commissioners and chairman - all insist that the animal shelter be managed with professionalism. But have any of them gone on record in support of the efforts of the Humane society and its involvement and leadership in regard to the shelter.

pubby

Who cares about the animals, how about the humane treatment of teachers and children who will suffer from the shortfalls in the BOE.