Paulding.com

Arthur Emory "Poppy" Estep, Sr.

Arthur Emory “Poppy” Estep, Sr., age 75, of Dallas, GA, passed away Wednesday, February 17, 2010. He was born in Newnan, GA, July 27, 1934, to the late, Eddie James Estep and the late, Ora Mae Estep. Mr. Estep was a member of Mt. Zion United Methodist Church.

Survivors include his wife of 41 years, Laverne McBee Estep; son & daughter-in-law, Arthur Estep, Jr. & wife, Debbie of Dallas, GA; daughters & sons-in-law, Sherry & Gene Pace of Dallas, GA, Sheila & Junior McAfee of Dallas, GA, Shelly Booth of Dallas, GA, and Stephanie & Lee Hurley of Dallas, GA; brother & sister-in-law, Billy & Debra Estep of Temple, GA; sister, Anna Herndon of Carrollton, GA; grandchildren, Jamie Estep, Brandon Estep, Michael Pace, Chelsea Pace, Evie Williams, Natasha Steelman, Andy McAfee, Alicia Ashworth, Justin Lewis, and Hayden Hurley; thirteen great-grandchildren; sisters-in-law, Judy & Bobby Taylor of Dallas, GA, Martha & Woodrow Hall of Dallas, GA, and Sandra Robinson of Dallas, GA; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be Friday, February 19, 2010, at 3:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home, with Reverend Shaun Griffith and Reverend Bob Wilkerson officiating. Interment will follow in Mt. Zion United Methodist Church Cemetery. Justin Lewis, Jamie Estep, Robert Hall, Michael Pace, Kevin Hall, and Tony Hardy will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Thursday from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

So sad ~ RIP Arthur~ You are finally free of pain ~

this has been a rough week for this family, one daughter, especially, as she lost her FIL, as well....please keep them in your prayers.

Thanks G..this is Stephanie posting from moma's. We love you and appreciate the thoughts and prayers and yes it is so tough right now but we will see them both again :) with new bodies and free of pain

I am so very sorry. I will always remember the huge smile he had and that great laugh! This is a wonderful, close family and I know they will miss him. God bless and keep you all and may you be comforted by your memories of this wonderful man.

Thank you so much! Moma and daddy both thought the world of you, Jerry, and Nicole--I don't think daddy ever got to see the twins and I know he didn't even know Nicole had kids. Time flies..it seems like just yesterday they were babysitting Nicole and Mr McMichen would come pick her up sometimes--he was the sweetest man ever :) We love ya'll and appreciate the thoughts and prayers. This is Stephanie and we are all at moma's now. We do have lots of memories and that and the prayers are what will get us through. I love ya'll and me and moma were just sitting here talking about the memories of keeping Nicole and the time that I kept the twins and could not tell them apart--it was so funny.

Thank you so much! Moma and daddy both thought the world of you, Jerry, and Nicole--I don't think daddy ever got to see the twins and I know he didn't even know Nicole had kids. Time flies..it seems like just yesterday they were babysitting Nicole and Mr McMichen would come pick her up sometimes--he was the sweetest man ever :) We love ya'll and appreciate the thoughts and prayers. This is Stephanie and we are all at moma's now. We do have lots of memories and that and the prayers are what will get us through. I love ya'll and me and moma were just sitting here talking about the memories of keeping Nicole and the time that I kept the twins and could not tell them apart--it was so funny.

:blink: You do have your issues with telling twins apart don't you :p

Hopefully, I will make it up tomorrow. I'm feeling somewhat better...give Nanny a big hug from me. Do ya'll have meals covered? I can make something one night, just let me know which one. Love ya'll!

Thanks G..this is Stephanie posting from moma's. We love you and appreciate the thoughts and prayers and yes it is so tough right now but we will see them both again :) with new bodies and free of pain

And just think...no more cane, or struggling to walk! It always hurts those of us "left behind"...but, rest assured, he is celebrating!

blink.gif You do have your issues with telling twins apart don't you blum.gif

I am probably one of the few that will admit it--and I am not sure I will ever be able to tell the girls apart....but the McMichen boys were so funny even as little as they were they knew to trick me

Hopefully, I will make it up tomorrow. I'm feeling somewhat better...give Nanny a big hug from me. Do ya'll have meals covered? I can make something one night, just let me know which one. Love ya'll!

I am glad you are feeling better! We are OK and definitely appreciate the offer

And just think...no more cane, or struggling to walk! It always hurts those of us "left behind"...but, rest assured, he is celebrating!

You are right - I kept telling him last night..you will be able to walk but I know you will run instead :) it is so nice knowing that he is not suffering anymore but I already miss him soooooo much

You are right - I kept telling him last night..you will be able to walk but I know you will run instead :) it is so nice knowing that he is not suffering anymore but I already miss him soooooo much

I know you will miss him, I can't even imagine..remember, he is only a prayer away, and forever in your heart and memory. ((HUG)) See ya'll tomorrow evening. Tell Nanny we love her, and are thinking about her.

I thank God that Poppy is not suffering anymore you have all been thru so much. I love all of you so much, I feel so sad for Hayden losing both of his grandfathers in the same week, I can not even imagine his pain...I am thinking of you and praying for you all

Dondra

Nanny Burn, Sherry,Shelia, Steph, and Shelly, Arthur Jr. I am so sorry . I know what you are going through , but he fought a hard long battle. Y'all know I love y'all, we have all been one big family for many years even back when De'Rae was a baby and y'all kept her and Nicole. She still call's you Nanny Burn.

Please know my prayers are with you and I am here for you all.

Steph, hun I know you have had a bad week, just hang in there.

Sherry , you know how I feel about having you as a sister in law. we always told Gene we would keep you if we had to make a choice between you two. lol.

I Love y'all

Tona

Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for us. This has definitely been the hardest week of my life-losing my father in law on Saturday 2/13-burying him on 2/16 and losing my dad on 2/17. I have the very best family in the world and there is no way I could have made it other wise. We are so blessed and even though this all still doesn't seem possible I know they are both in a much better place than we are and I know that I have my family and friends to see us through. It is amazing at how God puts the people you need in the exact places that you need them. We were all able to spend time with daddy and have each other right there to carry us when we were not able to stand on our own. It will not be easy but like I told daddy -I will be strong just like he was and the past 15yrs have not been easy for him. I told him I will miss him so bad and that I will cry alot and I do already miss him sooooooooooooo much and I have cried so much already and I will cry more. Please continue to remember our family in your daily prayers because we need it! that is the only way we will get through - please say extra prayers for my moma-she went to the nursing home every day to visit my dad and she is going to be lost now for sure. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers and please keep them coming.

Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for us. This has definitely been the hardest week of my life-losing my father in law on Saturday 2/13-burying him on 2/16 and losing my dad on 2/17. I have the very best family in the world and there is no way I could have made it other wise. We are so blessed and even though this all still doesn't seem possible I know they are both in a much better place than we are and I know that I have my family and friends to see us through. It is amazing at how God puts the people you need in the exact places that you need them. We were all able to spend time with daddy and have each other right there to carry us when we were not able to stand on our own. It will not be easy but like I told daddy -I will be strong just like he was and the past 15yrs have not been easy for him. I told him I will miss him so bad and that I will cry alot and I do already miss him sooooooooooooo much and I have cried so much already and I will cry more. Please continue to remember our family in your daily prayers because we need it! that is the only way we will get through - please say extra prayers for my moma-she went to the nursing home every day to visit my dad and she is going to be lost now for sure. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers and please keep them coming.

Prayers for everyone and even more so for my Nanny...Love y'all!!