Paulding.com

Census Important to Paulding Representation

Census Numbers important to Representation in Congress and State House  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What number is Paulding County in ranking for the largest growing counties in the US from 7/1/06 to 7/1/07?

2. 2. What percentage has Paulding County grown from the last census until the 2008 Census "estimate"?

As many of you may know Paulding County has grown quite a bit over the last 10 years. In fact, we have surpassed Douglas County in the number of residents in 2008. This means we need more representatives in the State House and the US Congress and the only way we can get those extra representatives is to "officially" count all people living in Paulding County. That means we need people to help do this work. THAT IS WHY WE NEED YOU to work for the 2010 Census here in Paulding County! Please call 1-866-861-2010 to arrange for a day and time to apply and test for the jobs that are available. It is important to our county and is a great temporary job with great pay. Go to www.2010censusjobs.gov to learn more about these jobs and the census itself. I look forward to seeing you at a test site. Let me know you heard about it from Paulding.com! Joan Lanoie - US Census Recruiter - Paulding County

Edited by Joan

As many of you may know Paulding County has grown quite a bit over the last 10 years. In fact, we have surpassed Douglas County in the number of residents in 2008. This means we need more representatives in the State House and the US Congress and the only way we can get those extra representatives is to "officially" count all people living in Paulding County. That means we need people to help do this work. THAT IS WHY WE NEED YOU to work for the 2010 Census here in Paulding County! Please call 1-866-861-2010 to arrange for a day and time to apply and test for the jobs that are available. It is important to our county and is a great temporary job with great pay. Go to www.2010censusjobs.gov to learn more about these jobs and the census itself. I look forward to seeing you at a test site. Let me know you heard about it from Paulding.com! Joan Lanoie - US Census Recruiter - Paulding County

Thanks Joan!!

In 1990 I was the proud owner of the "long form" census package...

I called it the stalking package. It asked for such pertinent information, among other things, as what time each person left the house on a regular workday. The Census taker assured me that all the info would be kept in "strictest confidence"

I can't remember what year it was that the Powers that be announced that some census books had been "unaccounted for" (I believe that is government speak for stolen = but we don't want to tell you)

I was so glad the only question I answered in all honesty were how many people were living in your home on January 1, 1990.

A lot of people state that you are only required to give the number of people living in the household. I liked that idea, and until I actually looked at the Constitution, thought it true. While the purpose of the enumeration was just a count, the Constitution granted the legislative branch basically a free pass to ask anything they want... "in such Manner as they shall by Law direct." The founding fathers probably just meant that they could conduct the count how they wanted to, but has been interpreted to mean that they can ask what they want as well as how they want. And with most laws, they have assigned penalties for not answering.

"(Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.) (The previous sentence in parentheses was modified by the 14th Amendment, section 2.) The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five and Georgia three."

U S Constitution Online

In 1990 I was the proud owner of the "long form" census package...

I called it the stalking package. It asked for such pertinent information, among other things, as what time each person left the house on a regular workday. The Census taker assured me that all the info would be kept in "strictest confidence"

I can't remember what year it was that the Powers that be announced that some census books had been "unaccounted for" (I believe that is government speak for stolen = but we don't want to tell you)

I was so glad the only question I answered in all honesty were how many people were living in your home on January 1, 1990.

The 1940 Census will be released to the Public around 2012. The records are protected 70 years, a normal life span.