Paulding.com

Mr. Silas Parks Cohran age 95 of Dallas, Georgia passed away on September 10, 2009 at the Wellstar Paulding Nursing Center. Mr. Cohran was born in Atlanta, Georgia on November 10, 1913 the son of the late M. W. Cohran and Lola Parks Cohran. He was employed as a carpenter. He was a member of White Oak Springs Baptist Church.

Mr. Silas Parks Cohran is survived by 3 sons and daughters in law, Mr. & Mrs. Kenneth (Caroline) Cohran of Dallas, Ga., Mr. & Mrs. Earl (Marleen) Cohran of Alabama, Mr. & Mrs. Tony (Kathy) Cohran of Hiram, Ga.; 2 daughters and sons in law, Miss. Ruth Cohran of Dallas, Ga., Mr. & Mrs. Franklin (Jan) Moody of Austell, Ga.; 1 sister, Mrs. Jimmie Lou Rutledge of Alabama; 1 brother and sister in law, Mr. & Mrs. Ernest (Evelyn) Cohran of Temple, Ga.; 1 Brother in Law, Mr. Tom Baggett of Tallapoosa; many nieces, nephews and other beloved family members and friends.

Funeral services for Mr. Silas Parks Cohran will be conducted on Saturday September 12, 2009 at 2 pm in the Chapel of Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home with Reverend Charles Williams and Reverend Earl Partain officiating. Music will be provided by Josh Williams, Becky Bearden, Charles and Jean Williams, Donna Clay and Brenda Voyles. Pall bearers will include Ricky Moody, Charlie Moody, Eric Moody, Caleb Carter, Ronnie Cohran, and Andy Porter. Honorary bearer will include Aaron Cohran. Interment will follow at Smyrna United Methodist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday from 2pm until 8 pm and on Saturday from 9am until the service begins at 2pm.

Please visit www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.com to sign the register book or to share a memory.

Edited by Eberhart Funeral Home

Kathy,Tony, and the rest of the family,

I got the call earlier today. I am sooo sorry for your loss. Lossing a parent or grandparent is never easy.

All of you will be in my prayers.