Paulding.com

Have your old cassettes converted to CD

As a little side service to provide along with mower repairs, I can convert your old cassettes into CD format for you for only $11, or $10 if you provide the CD-R yourself. This is a great way to preserve old material, as tapes degrade with time. This also enables you to take the CD I provide to load the music or other audio onto your own PC for safe keeping.

$11 provides "straight out" conversion from tape to CD. If you would like to have the audio "cleaned up", I also have state of the art software for handling that job also, for an additional charge, which is an hourly or by the tape charge, depending on how much work you want done, and how much "cleaning" you want after the transfer of data.

If you are interested in this, please give me a call @ 678-315-8794. Glenn

The mower business is slowing down enough to give me the extra time to expand on this service. For any additional details, don't hesitate to call me.

Thank you~ :)

I wanted to bump this again, since it's been a while, and no one ever responded. If yall think this is too much money for the service, please say something and shoot me a suggestion. I am all ears! ;)

How about the price as-is for ONE tape to convert, but offer a discount on multiple tapes? Something like that? Say maybe, if it's over 5 tapes, then cut the price to $7 per tape? The cassette player is a high-end quality player with about the best sound you can get from a cassette player, so you wouldn't have to worry about the quality.

With how widely available music is through cheaper methods, I'd say that price is way too high.

Well, the last people who had contacted me about this were interested in having PERSONAL tapes converted....like grandmothers and mom's who have old tapes of their kids goofing off and talking....basically not music at all, but very personal things to them. Granted, as far as music goes, I would definitely agree with you. This is more of a way for people to have audio of a personal nature digitized, so they won't have to worry about losing it as the tapes degrade. That being the case, I sort of thought the price was fairly decent. I mean it takes me some time to set the levels, and get things running, then burning the CD, so there is some time involved- which costs money.

Regarding the music end, I was offering the service to bands who have promo's and wanted to have some tweaking work done to them (basically some sound engineering work) to make their recordings sound better, remove any unwanted noises, or pretty much anything along those lines. The software I use is pretty high dollar stuff and can take a half baked recording of a band's original material, and smooth out the edges, producing a much better sound, thus making their promo's more marketable. I guess I should have elaborated on that point when I first posted this. Of course the promo tweaking thing would cost more money, because a LOT more time is involved, but it's a lot cheaper for bands to have that done, than to try to get everyone together, PAY for another recording session and have to start from scratch. A LOT cheaper- studio time is HIGH! I oughta know from all the music I have recorded with various bands. But it's always nice to have the tools to further smooth out your final product, as I know a lot of bands are not always happy with what the sound engineer does, especially after dropping a load of money to get things recorded.

I just think there's a viable nitch here, when you consider what the point of the service is. I also appreciate your input. It helped me to understand that I needed to clarify the service better. Thanks! :)

A great example of this came to my mind when I came across some OLD cassettes of music I played with Doug Stone, back in my early 20's before he got famous. The only material I had was cassettes, and they were getting old, and degrading badly. So, I digitized all of it, and now I don't have to worry about anymore degradation, and I have multiple copies of the material, all digital. Being able to do that was priceless (to me) because it was all I had, and I was worried about the tapes eventually biting the dust....then all of that....lost forever.

Well, the last people who had contacted me about this were interested in having PERSONAL tapes converted....like grandmothers and mom's who have old tapes of their kids goofing off and talking....basically not music at all, but very personal things to them. Granted, as far as music goes, I would definitely agree with you. This is more of a way for people to have audio of a personal nature digitized, so they won't have to worry about losing it as the tapes degrade. That being the case, I sort of thought the price was fairly decent. I mean it takes me some time to set the levels, and get things running, then burning the CD, so there is some time involved- which costs money.

Regarding the music end, I was offering the service to bands who have promo's and wanted to have some tweaking work done to them (basically some sound engineering work) to make their recordings sound better, remove any unwanted noises, or pretty much anything along those lines. The software I use is pretty high dollar stuff and can take a half baked recording of a band's original material, and smooth out the edges, producing a much better sound, thus making their promo's more marketable. I guess I should have elaborated on that point when I first posted this. Of course the promo tweaking thing would cost more money, because a LOT more time is involved, but it's a lot cheaper for bands to have that done, than to try to get everyone together, PAY for another recording session and have to start from scratch. A LOT cheaper- studio time is HIGH! I oughta know from all the music I have recorded with various bands. But it's always nice to have the tools to further smooth out your final product, as I know a lot of bands are not always happy with what the sound engineer does, especially after dropping a load of money to get things recorded.

I just think there's a viable nitch here, when you consider what the point of the service is. I also appreciate your input. It helped me to understand that I needed to clarify the service better. Thanks! :)

A great example of this came to my mind when I came across some OLD cassettes of music I played with Doug Stone, back in my early 20's before he got famous. The only material I had was cassettes, and they were getting old, and degrading badly. So, I digitized all of it, and now I don't have to worry about anymore degradation, and I have multiple copies of the material, all digital. Being able to do that was priceless (to me) because it was all I had, and I was worried about the tapes eventually biting the dust....then all of that....lost forever.

IIIIIIII did not think about that. Objection retracted.

How much for a copy of this CD? You know I love Doug Stone!!!!

Can you do 8MM to DVDs too?

Yes if you can bring the camcorder as well....I would need it to run the initial tape. All I have is MiniDV. I actually burned a BUNCH of my Mini-DV's to DVD, so I can re-use the tapes..they are quite pricey. "the tapes"

IIIIIIII did not think about that. Objection retracted.

Duly noted. But your post was exactly what I needed to let me know I needed to clarify my point. For this, I offer you my thanks! :)

You may have just saved me butt!! ;)

How much for a copy of this CD? You know I love Doug Stone!!!!

It's not exactly copyrighted, I don't think.... at least the cover songs we did, but most of the material is what Doug wrote, so I don't know if that's legal or not. :pardon:

Can you do my 8-Tracks?

I kid, I kid. :p

Kid all you wanna....this can be done too! I think I know where to get an 8-track player. ;)