Paulding.com

Mr. Raymond “Ray” Cyril Turner age 61 of Dallas passed away Monday June 29, 2009 at Wellstar Cobb Hospital. Ray was born son of the late Iva Lou “Dutch” & Cyril Turner on September 27, 1947 in

Cobb County Georgia. Mr. Turner was employed as a postal worker for the Dallas Post Office.

Mr. Turner served in the US Army during the Vietnam War. He enjoyed Hunting and Fishing and Golf

Mr. Turner is survived by: Two Daughter’s: Jennifer (Kevin) Hornbuckle & Meredith (Johnny) Stewart both of Dallas.

Four Grandchildren: Anna Cochran, Nic Hornbuckle, Noelle Hornbuckle and Lillian Stewart all of Dallas. Sister in Law: Patty Vaughn of Dallas, Nephew: Jarrett Turner of Dallas and Neice: Natalie Thomason of Dallas.

He is preceded in death by his Brother: Randy Turner

Mr. Turner’s family will receive visitors on Thursday July 2, 2009 from 5pm till 9 pm at the funeral home for a Memorial Visitation. Mr. Turner’s body was cremated.

In Lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made to the American Legion Post #111 in his memory at P.O Box 58 Dallas Ga 30132 or by calling 770-445-2759.

Please join Mr. Turner’s family in honoring his life by visiting our website at www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.com to sign the register book and share in memories.

Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home of Dallas Ga is in charge of the arrangements for Mr. Raymond

“Ray” Cyril Turner

ORIGINALLY POSTED 06/30/09 5:30pm

It's been 24 hours and I already can't imagine you not being around, ole' buddy.

Your laughter was infectious, your expressions and sayings hysterical, your gentlemanly ways something live up to and most of all your friendship, my honor and privelage to call you such.

Rest in peace dear friend and know that I praise the time I had with ya and cry for the time I will not, but I know where you are and that I will see you again someday.

Just meet me at the gates with a golf cart and will catch a few holes for ole' times sake.

John aka Johnny Crack Corn

I remember him laughing and joking at the post office. And I remember him at church a few years ago taking up the offering and helping in any way he could. Prayers said for the family.