Paulding.com

Feds shut down the Villa Rica based bank.

Does anyone here have money in Community Bank of West Georgia?

Just curious if any of my fellow Pcommers are affected? No buyer was found, so all accounts are closed and the FDIC is sending out checks on insured funds.

Edited by Boss Hogg
Does anyone here have money in Community Bank of West Georgia?

Just curious if any of my fellow Pcommers are affected? No buyer was found, so all accounts are closed and the FDIC is sending out checks on insured funds.

Is this the bank that sat on the corner across the street from Walgreens? (I think that was the drug store. Been awhile since I've been down that way.)

Sad, another causality of our economy.

No, not the same bank. This one was located on Cleburne Parkway right behind the new Racetrac station. They had another location or two somewhere but I am not sure where. We dealt with this location (not personally but clients did).

Is this the bank that sat on the corner across the street from Walgreens? (I think that was the drug store. Been awhile since I've been down that way.)

Sad, another causality of our economy.

No, not the same bank. This one was located on Cleburne Parkway right behind the new Racetrac station. They had another location or two somewhere but I am not sure where. We dealt with this location (not personally but clients did).

From an inside source, the bank was up for sale. No takers, so the FDIC came in and closed them down. I believe this happened (at this location) last Friday.

You have got to be kidding me! How flippin' anal can the mods on this board get? They took out the name in the title of the bank. It is out of business! They aren't going to hurt any of your advertisers. Hell, it might even help some of your advertisers. Get over yourselves, already.

Someone posted about this last week and they were affected. They didn't have access to their money for the entire weekend.

Always pays to keep a little cash around just in case something like that happens...at least enough for groceries and gas to get you through a weekend until the FDIC shows up and cuts checks on the following Monday which is pretty much how they have been doing this when a bank closes. They work all weekend so that they can close down the bank and accounts and issue money to the account holders.

I'm off to the shop! Have a great day!

Scarlet