Paulding.com

Wonder what all the Patrol Cars are doing on the Interstate TODAY?

100 DAYS OF SUMMER HEAT - SPEED CRACKDOWN

(MOVE-OVER LAW ENFORCEMENT ALSO UNDERWAY)

ENFORCEMENT BULLETIN: As part of the 100 Days of Summer HEAT campaign the Governor's Office of Highway Safety will launch an all-day speed enforcement crackdown on Atlanta Metro interstate highways TOMORROW, Thursday, June 25, 2009.

Traffic enforcement units from DeKalb County PD, Henry County PD, Cobb County PD, Clayton County PD, Dunwoody PD, Sandy Springs PD, Union City PD, and Atlanta Police Department will run concentrated patrols on I-285, I-85, I-75 and I-20. Police patrols will be on the lookout for Atlanta’s high-risk motorists who are tailgating, driving aggressively, and driving at illegal speeds.

The participating police agencies are members of the Metro Atlanta Traffic Enforcement Network known as “MATEN”. The MATEN network is composed of traffic enforcement agencies from DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Cobb, Fayette, Clayton, and Henry Counties.

This day-long speed crackdown is being conducted because the July 4th travel period is the second most deadly time to drive on Georgia roadways. Only New Year’s poses a greater threat to life behind the wheel or in the passenger seat!

MOVE-OVER LAW To Be Enforced: The speed crackdown will be preceded by a 9AM Move-Over Law news conference at the DeKalb Public Safety Headquarters Building, 1960 West Exchange Place in Tucker. DeKalb County PD will announce the roll-out of a month-long wave of high visibility Move-Over Law enforcement and education activity from Thursday, June 25th through July 23rd 2009.

MOVE-OVER DEKALB! DeKalb County Officers will closely monitor traffic on Interstate roadways in DeKalb and conduct traffic stops on violators of Georgia’s Move-Over Law. During the DeKalb initiative violators will be given informational materials attached to written citations. The Move-Over Law was designed to protect both law enforcement officers conducting traffic stops and other first responders performing emergency tasks alongside our highways with their emergency lights activated.

Please see the Media Advisories below for details of the DeKalb County news conference, the 100 Days of Summer HEAT and Georgia’s Move- Over Law. We need your coverage to help raise safe-driver awareness during these year-round life-saving enforcement campaigns. Thank you for partnering with the Governor's Office of Highway Safety.

And.. Don’t Say We Didn’t Warn You!

I had to go to Gainesville today for work. I heard on the radio that all the law enforcement was going to be out on the interstates really craking down on speeders. I left earlier than I usually would so that I could go slow. I only saw one GSP on the way there, and he was writing someone a ticket. I didn't see any on the way home. I don't know where they were but they weren't on I-20, I-285, or I-85.