Paulding.com

May 26th-29th Drivers Ed at West Metro Driving School

Have a teen who is ready to get his or her license? Our first class of Summer 2009 will be held following Memorial Day on May 26th-29th for the 30-hour Joshua's Law course. We complete this course in just 4 days, and as of right now we have seats available! See below for the class details:

MouseMascot212.jpg

Joshua's Law 30-Hour Drivers Education

West Metro Driving School

May 26th-29th, 2009, 9AM-5PM

Includes ADAP and additional Defensive Driving Class

Snacks and drinks provided

Register by phone: 770-443-1644

2009 Summer Course Schedule (PDF): http://www.westmetrodriving.com/WestMetroD...009Schedule.pdf

2009 Summer Course Schedule (JPG Image): http://www.westmetrodriving.com/WestMetroSummer2009.jpg

http://www.westmetrodriving.com/driversed.html

4075 Marietta Hwy. Suite 150

Dallas, GA 30157

770-443-1644

Nancy taught my son to drive several years ago, I guess he wasn't that bad because she started this much needed business not long after that :lol: She is a great instructor and really covers the safety issues well.

I encourage anyone with teenagers to use West Metro Driving School :)

Great! How much is the class and what other classes does my 16 year old need? Also, what are driving lesson rates?

You need to get some brochures to us, many of our customers have teen kids.

Bruce

Hey Bruce! See below for how to go about taking care of the Joshua's Law requirements for your teen. You can check http://www.westmetrodriving.com/driversed.html for current pricing, and for packages with more than 6 hours of driving you can give us a call at 770-443-1644. Thank you!

How can my student complete their Joshua's Law requirements?

Option A: Classroom Only:

Step #1 Complete the Joshua's Law 30-hour class at West Metro Driving School

Step #2 Complete the 30-unit Parent-Teen Driving Guide from the Department of Driver Services (including a detailed 40-hour driving log)

Benefits:

1. Includes ADAP program

Option B: Classroom and Behind the Wheel:

Step #1 Complete the Joshua's Law 30-hour class combined with at least 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction at West Metro Driving School.

Benefits:

1. No Parent-Teen Driving Guide or detailed Driving Log required

2. Includes ADAP Program

3. Receive $150 tax credit from the state

4. Receive at least 10% off of your insurance premiums.

5. Student also receives 6-hours of Defensive Driving instruction, which most insurance companies accept for an additional 10% off of insurance premiums.

6. This course offers the most instruction, includes hands-on driving experience, and pays for itself through insurance discounts.

My son is going to start the class with you on Saturdays during the month of June. Already reserved my spot and paid my deposit. By the way what are the hours of that class?

He will then be starting the 6 hour driving course in July.

My son is going to start the class with you on Saturdays during the month of June. Already reserved my spot and paid my deposit. By the way what are the hours of that class?

He will then be starting the 6 hour driving course in July.

For the classroom portion of the course, the hours are from 9AM-5PM, and lunch is at 12:30PM. You'll want to be here a bit earlier on the first day of class (between 8:30 and 8:45 works best), but the rest of the days he can come right in. Let me know here or by PM if you have any questions as well! :)

Do the drivers need to be 16 with a license or 15 with a permit? Also, when she gets her permit, could I teach her the behind the wheel and just pay for her to get the classroom part? She turns 15 in August and wants to get her permit with a week or 2 or turning 15.

Have a teen who is ready to get his or her license? Our first class of Summer 2009 will be held following Memorial Day on May 26th-29th for the 30-hour Joshua's Law course. We complete this course in just 4 days, and as of right now we have seats available! See below for the class details:

MouseMascot212.jpg

Joshua's Law 30-Hour Drivers Education

May 26th-29th, 2009, 9AM-5PM

Includes ADAP and additional Defensive Driving Class

Snacks and drinks provided

Register by phone: 770-443-1644

2009 Summer Course Schedule (PDF): http://www.westmetrodriving.com/WestMetroD...009Schedule.pdf

2009 Summer Course Schedule (JPG Image): http://www.westmetrodriving.com/WestMetroSummer2009.jpg

http://www.westmetrodriving.com/driversed.html

4075 Marietta Hwy. Suite 150

Dallas, GA 30157

770-443-1644

JSYK If you do not get a great response on that first class, it is because we are still in school until June 5th. :) Also, if a child already has the ADAP certificate can they just "skip" that part of the class?

Do the drivers need to be 16 with a license or 15 with a permit? Also, when she gets her permit, could I teach her the behind the wheel and just pay for her to get the classroom part? She turns 15 in August and wants to get her permit with a week or 2 or turning 15.

Students can take the classroom portion of the course even before they get their permit- a permit is required just for behind the wheel driving instruction.

She will probably want to take her classroom course before she goes back to school in early August, just before taking her permit test when she turns 15. With the knowledge of everything that's covered in the classroom, she can take her permit test without much difficulty.

At that point, you can either do the behind the wheel instruction yourself through the Parent-Teen Driving Guide, or she can complete at least 6 hours of behind the wheel driving here at the school. The benefit of completing the behind the wheel instruction with the school is an extra 6 hour defensive driving course, $150 back from the state, at least 10% off your insurance premium, and from most insurance providers an additional 10% from the defensive driving.

For the whole year that she has her permit, she can just practice, and will be set to get her license at 16.

JSYK If you do not get a great response on that first class, it is because we are still in school until June 5th. :) Also, if a child already has the ADAP certificate can they just "skip" that part of the class?

We're having a very similar schedule to the one we had last year- this first class is most popular for those students who are in Cobb's school district, in home schooling, or are in a private school that follows Cobb's schedule.

Students can take the classroom portion of the course even before they get their permit- a permit is required just for behind the wheel driving instruction.

She will probably want to take her classroom course before she goes back to school in early August, just before taking her permit test when she turns 15. With the knowledge of everything that's covered in the classroom, she can take her permit test without much difficulty.

At that point, you can either do the behind the wheel instruction yourself through the Parent-Teen Driving Guide, or she can complete at least 6 hours of behind the wheel driving here at the school. The benefit of completing the behind the wheel instruction with the school is an extra 6 hour defensive driving course, $150 back from the state, at least 10% off your insurance premium, and from most insurance providers an additional 10% from the defensive driving.

For the whole year that she has her permit, she can just practice, and will be set to get her license at 16.

We're having a very similar schedule to the one we had last year- this first class is most popular for those students who are in Cobb's school district, in home schooling, or are in a private school that follows Cobb's schedule.

^^^ Gotcha!! :D What about the having the ADAP certificate already?

Ok, I have two...will you just keep them?

Ok, I'll be serious here for a sec.....the price isn't bad, but pm me with where you're located, etc please? Or post it? She scares me half to death!! :o

We'll keep them for a while! :)

We're located at the intersection of East Paulding Drive and Dallas Highway, in the Citizen's Square shopping center, right behind the Autozone and next to the East Paulding Pizza Hut. School office hours are 10AM-6PM, Monday-Friday and the front office number is 770-443-1644

Here's a Google Maps link just in case! http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4075+Mariett...=16&iwloc=A

^^^ Gotcha!! :D What about the having the ADAP certificate already?

If your student already has the ADAP certificate, they won't be able to skip the ADAP portion unfortunately, but we'll be talking about how it relates to driving laws and keeping and losing their license, and how to handle those kinds of situations whether you are a passenger or a driver. They have to complete all 30 hours of classroom instruction, so the ADAP being covered as well acts as a bonus to students who don't yet have those certificates. :)

I hope Nancy will forgive this small hijack of her thread ....

If you have a 15-, 16- or 17-year-old who will be applying for his/her permit or license this summer, PLEASE remind him or her to obtain a certificate of attendance (DS-1) before school "closes" for the summer!

These are *required* for anyone under age 18 who has not yet graduated from high school. (A HS grad must provide his/her diploma as proof of exemption.)

Most schools do keep abbreviated office hours during the summer, so it's not impossible to get a DS-1 when school is out, but why go through the hassle when he/she can get it now?

Certificates of attendance obtained in the month of May will be honored until school starts back, despite the statement at the bottom that they are valid for 30 days only.

Do yourself, your child, and your friendly neighborhood license examiner a BIG FAVOR and be prepared when your teen shows up for one of the biggest days of his/her life! :)

Your Friendly Neighborhood License Examiner B)

I just went to the class schedule. Is it just one Saturday class or all 4 Saturdays? Also, do you have any openings for the August Saturday classes and what is the deposit amount? Thanks!

I hope Nancy will forgive this small hijack of her thread ....

If you have a 15-, 16- or 17-year-old who will be applying for his/her permit or license this summer, PLEASE remind him or her to obtain a certificate of attendance (DS-1) before school "closes" for the summer!

These are *required* for anyone under age 18 who has not yet graduated from high school. (A HS grad must provide his/her diploma as proof of exemption.)

Most schools do keep abbreviated office hours during the summer, so it's not impossible to get a DS-1 when school is out, but why go through the hassle when he/she can get it now?

Certificates of attendance obtained in the month of May will be honored until school starts back, despite the statement at the bottom that they are valid for 30 days only.

Do yourself, your child, and your friendly neighborhood license examiner a BIG FAVOR and be prepared when your teen shows up for one of the biggest days of his/her life! :)

Your Friendly Neighborhood License Examiner B)

Thank you. I was just wondering about that. I'll get that before school gets out. :)

I just went to the class schedule. Is it just one Saturday class or all 4 Saturdays? Also, do you have any openings for the August Saturday classes and what is the deposit amount? Thanks!

It would be all 4 Saturdays (for a total of 30 hours). We do have openings for the August Saturday classes, and the deposit is 10% of whichever course you'd like her to take. Let me know if you have any other questions- you can get her registered very easily by phone, or stopping by the school office! :)