Paulding.com

Pastor Walter William Holland affectionately known as Pastor Wally passed away suddenly on February 24, 2009 at his residence in Douglasville, Georgia.

Pastor Wally was born on September 12, 1954 in Hall County, Ga to his late parents, Mr. Ray Holland and Mrs. Emily Anglin Holland. Pastor Wally served as the Pastor of Lighthouse Full Gospel Church the last several years and was also employed by Print South as a Warehouse Manager and the Sound Manager for Christian Heritage Gospel Group. He was a wonderful Husband, Father, Pawpaw, Uncle and friend.

Pastor Wally is survived by his wife of 33 years:Mrs. Diane Holland of Douglasville, Ga; Son: Mr. Robbie Washington of Douglasville, Ga;Daughters and son-in-law: Stephanie and Warren Johnston of Douglasville, Ga, Miss Denise Washington of Douglasville, Ga; two brothers: Mr. Charles Everette Holland of Douglasville, Ga and Mr. Raymond D. Holland of Douglasville, Ga; 6 Grandchildren: Samantha, Nicholas, Brittany, Thomas, Chastity, & Chestley; 5 Great Grandchildren: Brayden, Jay, Olivia, Alyssa, & Noel.

Funeral Services will be held on Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:00 pm in the Chapel of Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home. Reverend Neil Williams will have the opening prayer and eulogy. The congregation is invited to share loving memories of his life and ministry. Music to be provided by Jeff Eberhart, & Ray McCafferty.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 3pm until 9pm on Wednesday and from 9am until the service begins on Thursday at 6:00 pm.

The family has requested that all flowers be omitted. Donations in the memory of Pastor Wally can be made to Christian Heritage Gospel Group or Lighthouse Full Gospel Church in care of Diane Holland at 6251 Melrose Dr. ; Douglasville, Ga 30134.

Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home has charge of the funeral arrangements for Pastor Wally Holland.

Wally was my co-worker. He will be dearly missed. Here is an email that another co-worker and good friend to Wally sent out today that is very well said.

Wally Holland, longstanding PrintSouth employee of twenty-two years and life-long resident of Douglasville, Georgia, passed away this morning at the age of fifty-four. Wally is survived by Diane, his one and only beloved wife of thirty-four years. He is also survived by two brothers, Raymond and Charlie, sister-in-law Dale and her husband Harold, a son Robbie, two daughters, Denise and Stephanie, son-in-law Warren, six grandchildren Chesley, Chassity, Samantha, Brittany, Nicholas, and Thomas, and two great-grandsons Brayden and Jay.

This does not even address the friends Wally made so easily at work, in his community, and in his Christian Life. At the time of his death, Wally was a member of the Lighthouse Full Gospel Church in Winston, Georgia, which he helped found, build, support, and on his ordination, pastor. Wally very actively assisted his wife's Southern Gospel Music ministry, Christian Heritage, by serving as Sound Engineer, Business Manager, Van Driver, and "Roadie", and was widely known in Southern Gospel circles.

At work, Wally was Warehouse Manager for the last umpteen years, and treated everyone he met through his work with the same respect no matter if they were a Freight Account Executive or an extra driver on the Fedx Ground truck at Christmastime. He also dealt with his associates in the same manner, whether like him, they had worked here twenty years, or only twenty days.

Wally was always ready with a smile, words of encouragement, and words of hilarity. He loved to tell a joke, but never one colored by innuendo. He was a truly funny guy with a razor-sharp wit, and a quick appreciation of humor. We are fully aware that if Wally were with us today, his first advice would be "Why cry? I know where I'm going, and I sure won't be crying there!" But then, Wally never had to suffer through the heartache that we will endure for missing him every day we pass here on Earth.

But let's celebrate the legacy that Wally Holland left us: by uplifting and helping each other through Life's trials, just as he did day after day.

:wub:

I have no clue who this man is, but by simply reading the above, there is no doubt that he was a Wonderful man.

His family and friends will be in my prayers. Who knows, maybe he will be telling a joke to my mom that arrived in Heaven on 9/27/08. She would love to hear all he would have to share about gospel music.

I am truly sorry for your loss.