Paulding.com

LauraLeigh Farms' Circle of Friends

Parents,

Beginning Jan. 18th 2009 LauraLeigh Farms will be offering an opportunity for kids 6 to 16 to get together for Christian fellowship, horsemanship and fun. You do not have to own a horse to join the club or attend the club meetings. We are asking for a $10 per child donation at each meeting to cover the cost of snacks and supplies. At the meetings the kids will learn about safety around horses, basic riding skills, games with horses and fellowship with other kids from the community. The meetings will be held on the third Sunday of each month from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.

Happy New Year and God bless,

LLF

What a great idea.....I will run this by the kids later today.....

Thank you! We hope to offer kids a chance to learn how unique and special they are by allowing them to see themselves through the eyes of a horse.

This is a great idea! I wish my niece was old enough, she adores horses!

Your niece may be too young to participate but you are welcome to bring her to visit with the horses during the meetings.

B, that is a great idea.

If any of you do not know this lady, she is wonderful. Your kids would really be inspired by her!!

Thanks, Shawna, you are very kind.

We plan to start having Cowboy Church at least one Saturday evening each quarter. This would be for the entire family and we hope to have the Circle of Friends kids participate in the service.

Be sure to put up reminders!! This sounds awesome. There was a place like this in Oklahoma and it grew to be really a large thing.

Will do! I hope we can get some local pastors, youth ministers and song leaders involved. Also, any adults with experience with horses who would like to help would be a blessing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is such an awesome idea LLF. I don't know how I have missed this until now. Mine have gone to Grandma's house for Winter Break, but I am going to mark it for next month.

Would it be okay if Hubby and I came by to check out this months meeting w/o the kids?

I would like to bring my 2 girls. Where is this located and do we need to sign up anywhere or just show up? Thanks in advance, SC!

Sending a pm with the address. No need to sign up in advance.

That is such an awesome idea LLF. I don't know how I have missed this until now. Mine have gone to Grandma's house for Winter Break, but I am going to mark it for next month.

Would it be okay if Hubby and I came by to check out this months meeting w/o the kids?

We would love to have you! This month's topic is "What am I good for?"

We will be there in March---please post the dates for that one when you can!

I think that you can go ahead and mark your calendar, since LLF wisely chose "the third Sunday" in each month. That would make the meeting for March fall on the 15th (the prior Sundays in the month being the 1st and the 8th).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Parents,

Beginning Jan. 18th 2009 LauraLeigh Farms will be offering an opportunity for kids 6 to 16 to get together for Christian fellowship, horsemanship and fun. You do not have to own a horse to join the club or attend the club meetings. We are asking for a $10 per child donation at each meeting to cover the cost of snacks and supplies. At the meetings the kids will learn about safety around horses, basic riding skills, games with horses and fellowship with other kids from the community. The meetings will be held on the third Sunday of each month from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.

Happy New Year and God bless,

LLF

This just sounds like a wonderful Christian program. Unfortunately, my boys are now too old.

I wish you great success in this ministry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...