Paulding.com

Holiday Party Hairstyle Trends 2008

2008 Party Hairstyle Trends

Natural

One of the interesting things about 2008 updo styles is that they are more likely to be kept very natural this year. During other years, it was very common to see very straight hair choosing to get it done very curly and vice versa. This year, you will see a lot natural prom hair styles. What this ultimately means is that you will probably notice a lot of natural waves and curls going on.

Lots of Down-dos

Another one of the interesting things is that there will be a lot of down-dos worn this year. There will also be a lot of half updo hairstyles. The main focus will be for majority of the hair to be left down either wavy or curly. Of course, this doesn't mean that there won't be any updo hairstyles. These can be very elegant and will probably never go away entirely. This year, however, you may see a whole lot less of them than you have in prior years.

Smooth Updos

Although updos will be less popular than down-dos this prom season, there is one very big 2008 trend from updo hairstyles. This is that the hair leading into the updo hairstyle will be very smooth. Although the messier updo look will still be worn, most updos will be kept very neat, sleek and smooth this year for the most part. Buns will be kept very tight, rather than loose or messy.

Hair Accessories

Accessories will always be very popular. The flower is going to remain one of the most popular hair accessories for 2008. The tiara will be a close second. Last year, glittery hair accessories were quite popular.

post-19017-1228335523.jpg

post-19017-1228335541.jpg

post-19017-1228335554.jpg

post-19017-1228335572.jpg

post-19017-1228335590_thumb.jpg

post-19017-1228335603.jpg

post-19017-1228335618.jpg

post-19017-1228335628.jpg

post-19017-1228335641.jpg

post-19017-1228335658_thumb.jpg

post-19017-1228335671_thumb.jpg

post-19017-1228335696.jpg

post-19017-1228335705.jpg

post-19017-1228335716.jpg

post-19017-1228335736.jpg

post-19017-1228335787.jpg

post-19017-1228335829.jpg

post-19017-1228335845.jpg

post-19017-1228335859.jpg

post-19017-1228337015_thumb.jpg

post-19017-1228337048.jpg

Very cute do's....but what about shorter hair. I've got a holiday party coming up but I've got short hair, shorter in back with angle towards the front. What's trendy for that? I'm lost AND want a trendy do for the party!!!

Very cute do's....but what about shorter hair. I've got a holiday party coming up but I've got short hair, shorter in back with angle towards the front. What's trendy for that? I'm lost AND want a trendy do for the party!!!

Good question! A sleek and smooth downdo or half-up. You could also spice it up with hair accesories ;)

What about us pixie cuts? I was in a wedding not to long ago and I couldn't figure out anything to do with it. I'd love to see if it could be fixed in that old style where it's sleek and real flat with little waves through it. I don't even know if that makes sense to anyone, but I remember old movie stars with that style and loved it. Just don't know if my hair would do it.

Oh, and Hairazor, I DID go a little more blonde for fall and love it! Thanks for the suggestion!

I have another formal ball coming up.. I'm thinking of trying the half ups.....whatcha think with my hair?

I think it would look awesome! B) with spiral curls!

What about us pixie cuts? I was in a wedding not to long ago and I couldn't figure out anything to do with it. I'd love to see if it could be fixed in that old style where it's sleek and real flat with little waves through it. I don't even know if that makes sense to anyone, but I remember old movie stars with that style and loved it. Just don't know if my hair would do it.

Oh, and Hairazor, I DID go a little more blonde for fall and love it! Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes! Fingerwaves!

Awesome!!!

Oh, that's what that's called!! :D I had no idea but I think they are beautiful. Can you do those? I'm sure you can... I have a Christmas party coming up, I may have you do that for me.

I haven't done one since I went to state board in 1981, but I imagine it's like riding a bike, it comes right back to ya!!! Think I'll break out the ole mannequin and try it to see :lol:

I haven't done one since I went to state board in 1981, but I imagine it's like riding a bike, it comes right back to ya!!! Think I'll break out the ole mannequin and try it to see :lol:

If you need me to be your mannequin, I will! :D I'd love to see how that would look on me!

Ahhh yes....the finger wave....very glamorous! I used to LOVE doing those...I have short fat fingers so I was able to "work it" fairly easily.

Course that was eons ago back in the 1890s so I bet things are a bit slower if I were to try that now :lol:

Something like this is best left in the capable hands of a professional.....((HAIRAZOR IS DA =@ :wub: )))

If you need me to be your mannequin, I will! :D I'd love to see how that would look on me!

I'd love to! That would be kewl!!! Way easier to do on "real" hair. That way you can see if you like it before the party ;)

Ahhh yes....the finger wave....very glamorous! I used to LOVE doing those...I have short fat fingers so I was able to "work it" fairly easily.

Course that was eons ago back in the 1890s so I bet things are a bit slower if I were to try that now :lol:

Something like this is best left in the capable hands of a professional.....((HAIRAZOR IS DA =@ :wub: )))

1890's??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I think they still powdered their hair back then :rofl:

I'd love to! That would be kewl!!! Way easier to do on "real" hair. That way you can see if you like it before the party ;)

1890's??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I think they still powdered their hair back then :rofl:

Well, I may just be in touch soon then. I need to look at my calendar and see when I have a fun night that I can look all "glam" for no particular reason! :lol:

Moved from Florida last year and have not found a hair dresser, found your site and was wondering if you are working tomorrow. I have a dinner to go to tomorrow and was hoping to get in before 2:30. Let me know if you have an opening.

The only opening I have is 1:45. You want it! :D