Paulding.com

animal control dispatched to dead opossum in roadway - Johnson's Ridge, 44 Stevenson Pt. Dead opossum reported with youngins' still alive. Officer will pick them up - I wonder if they can be saved?

What the heck are they going to do with baby opossums, take them home with them?

What the heck are they going to do with baby opossums, take them home with them?

It is possible that they may try to raise them, but I doubt it unless they have a foster home that is liscened to do so.

As a teenager a baby possum was brought to me. I raised it until it finally was big enough to release. It left one night and was never seen again. I like to think that it had a happy ever after.

God bless,

Denise

I post these types of calls because I find it interesting the things the animal control officer has to face.

I don't know what will happen to these little guys. I'd like to think that a rescue organization will take them and raise them so they can be release in an area far away from roads.

I post these types of calls because I find it interesting the things the animal control officer has to face.

I don't know what will happen to these little guys. I'd like to think that a rescue organization will take them and raise them so they can be release in an area far away from roads.

They'll prolly be put down.....it's unlikely that any of the nature centers has space or finances for an imprinted common opposum right now. Ellijay rescue center is going under as we speak. :(