Paulding.com

need rescue enroute

patrol car and black ford pickup "tacoma" involved

station 4 on hydrant detail - eng 4 enroute and arrived on scene - Clark enroute

149 is probably one of my favorite officers - she seems to take a ton of calls during her shift.

My husbands grandparents were on their way over here for my sons Thanksgiving thing at school....they said it looked like the truck rear ended the police car. Buchanan Hwy has lots of hills & curves, if you aren't careful and are going too fast you just might end up hitting a car pulling out of or into a driveway.

I hope everyone is ok too, there was a woman killed in a head on with a police officer last night in Douglasville. She was 44...RIP. Officer has several broken bones and is hospitalized. He was on the way to a call and went over the line, still under investigation though. :(

Any details on this accident? I grew up in D'ville and family still lives in area.

I hope everyone is ok too, there was a woman killed in a head on with a police officer last night in Douglasville. She was 44...RIP. Officer has several broken bones and is hospitalized. He was on the way to a call and went over the line, still under investigation though.
The woman that was killed was the wife of another Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy. The officer who hit her was responding to a robbery at Arbor Place Mall. Last I heard, it was being investigated as to whether or not he had his lights and siren on. Very sad situation.
Any details on this accident? I grew up in D'ville and family still lives in area.
The woman who was killed was Tammy Barnwell. The office who hit her was Chris Black.
The woman that was killed was the wife of another Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy. The officer who hit her was responding to a robbery at Arbor Place Mall. Last I heard, it was being investigated as to whether or not he had his lights and siren on.

If hes was close to the incident location I am sure he did not. If he crossed over and hit her it really does not matter anyway.

If hes was close to the incident location I am sure he did not. If he crossed over and hit her it really does not matter anyway.

They said on the news this morning I believe that he didn't have his lights/sirens on. Either way its tragic for everyone involved :(