Paulding.com

I noticed another thread about "when can you leave your kid home alone" - This 12 yo looking after little brother was enough to have the SO make a trip to check out the home.

The law states that a child can stay at home at any age as long as the child can dress him/her self make something to eat and drink and dial 911. The S. O. has to make a trip out to any home where there is a 911 hang up no matter if it is a child or an adult on the phone, just to make sure that there is not a problem at that house.

The law states that a child can stay at home at any age as long as the child can dress him/her self make something to eat and drink and dial 911. The S. O. has to make a trip out to any home where there is a 911 hang up no matter if it is a child or an adult on the phone, just to make sure that there is not a problem at that house.

I'd like to see that code section. :)

GA Law Section 8.34.6

1.) Any child in Britney's home that can put on pullups, drink Coke out of the can, and unwrap cheese shall be left at home during evening and early morning hours so long as their cell has reception. :p

Well I know the 911 phone call dispatch is true. I worked there for a while and that's what happened. You got a hang up, you attempted a call back, and upon either contact with the person to verify if things, or no contact, you dispatched the officer with your findings.

upon call back the 12 yo confirmed that the little brother made the call.

The SO was dispatched because there was not an adult at home.

My kids have played on the phone too - when we get the call back from the comms center the dispatcher wants to speak with both adults home. When satisfied that no one is under duress, then the officers are not sent out.

Well I know the 911 phone call dispatch is true. I worked there for a while and that's what happened. You got a hang up, you attempted a call back, and upon either contact with the person to verify if things, or no contact, you dispatched the officer with your findings.

I was more concerned about the part below, my son could do all that at age 3-4. :blink:

The law states that a child can stay at home at any age as long as the child can dress him/her self make something to eat and drink and dial 911.

Dang! That was my 9K post.