Paulding.com

If the county does not invest money to fix this radio system one of our officers is going to get hurt badly. Pathetic.

If the people we have now cannot fix it then replace them with someone who can.

I have to agree. The county needs to take some of the SPLOST money and invest it into radio communications for public safety personnel.

How did poor radio service come into this thread?

If my math is right, we are at the 3 year anniversary of the million dollar LTR upgrade.

The next time you see a deputy on patrol, stop him and ask for his opinion of the current radio system, off the record.

I think the biggest problem is that someone bought a million dollar radio system that should have been fixed with a 20 million dollar system. It is hard for the boss to swallow his pride and say that mistakes were made in going with this LTR system. When I researched this a few years ago, I think Paulding is the only DPS system using LTR in the US.

If my math is right, we are at the 3 year anniversary of the million dollar LTR upgrade.

The next time you see a deputy on patrol, stop him and ask for his opinion of the current radio system, off the record.

I think the biggest problem is that someone bought a million dollar radio system that should have been fixed with a 20 million dollar system. It is hard for the boss to swallow his pride and say that mistakes were made in going with this LTR system. When I researched this a few years ago, I think Paulding is the only DPS system using LTR in the US.

i was asking myself the same thing... um, maybe hijacked? i didn't think the post had anything to do with that.

but you ignoring everyone for a while there and keeping them in suspense...,,, that does not sit well with pcommers. we need the up to date info even before it happens dammit. :mellow: :p

Well...the "good stuff" you mentioned was not the chase itself but the search for the Deputy who was chasing someone on foot by himself. The chase and assistance call was put out only after 911 received a call from a passerby and were unable to contact that Deputy. Sounds as if his portable radio did not work at all near the center of the county. It took other officers forever to find him because he could not communicate. Good stuff to someone listening....sheer terror if you are the one stranded.

Edited by Ugadawgs98