Paulding.com

I don't want to scare people unnecessarily, but I was bothered by this all day long yesterday.

On the way to drop the kids at school, I noticed a van pulled over at Cole Lake Rd & Scoggins Rd. There were 2 patrol cars on scene. I dropped one child at school, and as we came back by about 10 minutes later, the driver was out of the car. Something about just didn't look right to me (I can't tell you what it was - maybe it was just a gut feeling.)

When I got to the office, I went to the scanner archives to find out about the traffic stop.

This driver was pulled over because the SO received a call about a suspicious vehicle at a Bus Stop. The call originally came in that the driver stated he was looking for a dog. There was a discrepancy as to the complaint (one report said one white male in a blue van, another said two black males in a van with ladders on top) so 2 patrol cars were dispatched. After meeting with the complainant, one officer said the driver stated he was looking for a little girl. Officers realized they were looking for the same van, and the traffic stop was made.

Two different names were run (I don't know if the man had 2 forms of ID or what.) The first name came back clean. The second was suspended, so as far as I could tell, he was taken into custody.

I was just really upset yesterday thinking about this. I didn't post on it then, I wanted to wait until last night when I could listen again to be sure of what I had heard. Again, I don't want to scare anyone, but we need to make sure we are diligent in watching out for our (and other) children. Also, we need to carefully instruct our kids in what to do if something like this were to happen to them.

THANK YOU to the person who called this in to the SO!!!

I heard this on the scanner. Knowing this happened, right on our streets, does not adjust my behavior - I still walk with my 1st and 3rd graders to the bus stop, which is right across from my house. Accidents happen when your guard is let down.

PLease be assured that your childrens bus drivers are paying attention to what goes on at your childs bus stop, and we do call in any wierd looking or suspicious things that go on. But it is nice to know that others are paying attention also.

PLease be assured that your childrens bus drivers are paying attention to what goes on at your childs bus stop, and we do call in any wierd looking or suspicious things that go on. But it is nice to know that others are paying attention also.

Thank you. I appreciate it very much. My main concern is for children who are waiting. (And unfortunately in this day & time, it doesn't necessarily have to be "young" children who are sought out. There are many stories of children 12 & older who are abducted.) :(

Thank you. I appreciate it very much. My main concern is for children who are waiting. (And unfortunately in this day & time, it doesn't necessarily have to be "young" children who are sought out. There are many stories of children 12 & older who are abducted.) :(

I still watch my 7th grader at the bus stop....call me paranoid but I just want to make sure she gets on the bus, makes me feel better...