Paulding.com

My brother called me today and asked if I saw anything on P.com about the Sheriff's having to shot a large bull several times because they couldn't catch it. Did anyone witness this? Apparently, it took a lot of gun power to bring it down.

can they just kill it like that??

If livestock is a hazard they do not have a choice. Cattle are really stupid, a bull can weight as much as a small car and having something like that running around , out in front of cars, or even coming after people is not safe. The person who owns the bull will be held responsible for any damage.

I saw this on our way home from Lowe's Saturday -- LOL -- I thought it was a Horse -- I came home and looked on here but couldn't find anything --Haven't listed to the feed archive yet so see what happened -- it was around 12:30 when we were on 92 --

They were behind that new strip shopping center where there is an Music Store and I think an AllState office -- there is a lot behind it --

Where did the bull come from?

this is sad because cattle are easy to coral.. with about 10 people you take 100 feet of orange plastic fence attached every 10 -15 feet with tye wraps to pvc pipe. the group moves as a wall down the road till they can circle it or contain the bull at the trailor.. cows are a fraid of fence and usally won't charge if you move slowly. I ve seen it done several time in a large animal rescue class.

bb

As someone who works with cattle alot let me tell you they are not afraid of a fence. Anyone who thinks or wants to try and hold back a 2500 lb. pissed off bull with a plastic fence has alot of balls or is nuts. I have seen a bull go thru a solid 6 rail fence when we were trying to load him in a trailer, and all he wanted to do was get back to his ladies. Any one who has seen what a deer can do to a car mult. that by 10 and that is a bull. I just hope that the bull was taken to a local processer so the meat can be used. Many of the homeless shelters take wild game and this would even be better.

If anyone remembers about a year or so ago, there was a PC deputy injured pretty bad when he ran into a cow on 381--I think. Seems like he was headed to a call and the cow was in the middle of the road.

Not a bull, but when I was in middle school my dad and another vehicle with a woman and her 3 older children were in a wreck when 3 horses ran out in front of both of them at the same time. My dad was headed south and the family was headed north..my dad's car struck the mare and the families car struck the Gelding...my dad's car was totaled and he had minor scrapes and cuts from the windshield shattering. The woman driver of the other car had severe lacerations to her face, broken arm, and a broken collar bone, but her oldest son, who was 16 at the time, suffered the worst. The horse landed inside of the car with most of its weight on him...that poor boy was almost killed. To this day it haunts my dad remembering that accident. It happened out in the country, 20 miles from the nearest town...took the first police officer 30 minutes to get on scene..was 45 minutes before ambulances arrived. It is probably the most freak accident around there ever. I mean people have hit cows, and deer, horses before, and anything else that wanders out into the highway, but 2 at the same time...just amazing.