Paulding.com

Calcium nitrate, also called Norgessalpeter (Norwegian saltpeter) and Kalksalpeter, is a white coloured soluble salt with the formula Ca(NO3)2.4H2O. It is deliquescent, readily absorbing moisture from the air. It is used as a reagent, a pyrotechnic and a fertilizer. The fertilizer grade (15.5-0-0 + 19% Ca) is popular in the greenhouse and hydroponics trades.

Use: In explosives, matches, pyrotechnics; manuf. incandescent mantles, radio tubes.

That is awful. Why wasn't it locked up? I hope the little one is ok.

Edited by CeeJay
Calcium nitrate, also called Norgessalpeter (Norwegian saltpeter) and Kalksalpeter, is a white coloured soluble salt with the formula Ca(NO3)2.4H2O. It is deliquescent, readily absorbing moisture from the air. It is used as a reagent, a pyrotechnic and a fertilizer. The fertilizer grade (15.5-0-0 + 19% Ca) is popular in the greenhouse and hydroponics trades.

Use: In explosives, matches, pyrotechnics; manuf. incandescent mantles, radio tubes.

That is awful. Why wasn't it locked up? I hope the little one is ok.

I don't know, and never heard any more than that. The caller said it was approximately 1 teaspoon full. I don't know what that amount would do, especially to a 2 yr old

I don't know, and never heard any more than that. The caller said it was approximately 1 teaspoon full. I don't know what that amount would do, especially to a 2 yr old

You are a good citizen. Thanks for posting for us!

Have a good day.