Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Spinks

Mrs. Marianne Cooper Spinks, age 76, a native of Dallas, passed away on Monday, May 8, 2006. She was born on October 16, 1929 to the late William Pierce and Nettie Heaton Cooper. She was a member of Westridge Church and was preceded in death by her husband, James Edward Spinks Sr.

Surviving are her, sons and daughter-in-law, James Edward Spinks Jr. of Beauford, S.C. and Gary and Kathy Spinks of Dallas; a daughter and son-in-law, Debbie and Mike Parsons of Dallas; sisters, Nettie D. Graham and Louise Paris, both of Dallas; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Pastor Matt Willmington officiating. The interment will follow in Dallas Memory Gardens. The family will receive friends on Wednesday from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

This was my Granny and she was THE best Granny in the world. This is the first time I have lost anyone so close and I am going to miss her so bad. The world is definately a sadder place right now because I think God reached down and picked the prettiest flower in the world for His garden.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been blessed to have Marianne as my Aunt. She was the sweetest, kindest, loving person anyone could ever have met. She was always there for me when I needed someone and I will miss here deeply. If you have never known this wonderful lady you have truly missed out. She would give you that sweet little smile and laugh of hers and let you know right quick how much God loves you. She told me she was ready to go home so I quess I'm selfish to want her here but I do know a true Angel has gotten her wings.