Paulding.com

I just met her a few years ago. She was a school principal. I don't know about her being superintendent.

She was a doll. She would tell me stories on how to handle my kids and the kids I worked with. She told me you could never let them know they got to you. You had to be strong even when they broke your heart. When I felt like I wasn't meant to work with teens, she said "You've been called to do it and those kids need you."

I didn't know her real well, but what I knew touched my heart. She is one of those women that paved the way for the rest of us.

Is this the Kate Heaton that used to be school superintendent? If so she was a very sweet lady. She attended my church for many years. I know she is in a better place.

Kate Heaton was a very wonderful women. She was a teacher during the segregation. She looked @ colored students just like normal children that needed an education & she fought for them. She could give you a stern look & you knew that what you were doing was wrong & that you needed to stop it quickly. She was a very loving, gentle & kind women. She has suffered a great deal these last few years, but now she joins her husband, brothers & sisters, mother & father in heaven. My Great-Aunt & Grandmother will be very hard to handle-God has two very strong women on his hands. Kate is one of the reasons why my daughter has her name. I love you Aunt Kate & you will be missed!!!!