Paulding.com

Mr. David D. Bailey Jr.

Mr. David D. Bailey Jr. passed from this life on Friday, April 7, 2006 after a brave fight against cancer. He was preceded in death by his father, David D. Bailey Sr. He is survived and will be missed by his wife of 33 years, Diane Bailey; daughter and son-in-law Peg and John Gagliardi; daughter and son-in-law Katrina and Jeff Sailers; daughter and son-in-law Melissa and Jason Barber; sister Jennifer Greene; mother Mary Bailey; and 6 grandchildren: JJ and Casey Gagliardi; Jordyn and Madelyn Sailers; and Katie and Jarrett Barber. He was a man full of heart, and though he is gone his spirit lives on.

The family will receive friends on Monday, April 10 at 6pm at Benson Funeral Home, with a memorial service at 7pm.

Thank you to everyone who has sent cards and letters, and those who came to the funeral home last night. Daddy would have been so proud to see how well people have been taking care of Mom, my sisters and me, and his mom and sister.

It was a beautiful service, and I appreciate how warm and kind Jamie Benson and his family were to all of us.

God Bless.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I was friends with Katrina in band and from church. I wanted to come on Monday night but was out sick on Monday with a stomach bug and just wasn't up to it. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Leslie (McLain) Meeks

Ktan>> I am so sorry I was not able to get to the service for your dad...I tried but as life often takes you "things" come up to prevent what you want to do...But I just wanted to say to you that I knew your dad for many years...I first met your dad as a young cop in Marietta when he was with the Cobb County Police Department...My first impression of your dad was that he was a kind, caring, compassionate and understanding man with a strong desrie to help anyone...He often helped me and taught me many things in this business...Later in my career I again had the opportunity to spend several weeks with your dad at the Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM) at the University of North Florida where he taught...I cannot begin to tell you the things he taught me during those weeks...His knowledge, ability, skills, and the way he was able to bring those teachings of Accident Reconstruction was beyond belief...He made me VERY successful during my days as an accident reconstructionist...Not only was he very capable of helping me understand how to get the job done in those classes but he was a gracious host...I was miles from home and he knew I missed my family for those weeks there...He always made sure I was made to feel at home there, well outside the classroom hours...I always found him warm and compassionate...I stayed in touch with him during my years as an accident reconstructionist at Marietta PD...He was always there to help me when I had a situation where I needed advice...Your Dad had a GREAT reputation as a Police Officer, as an Instructor, as an Accident Reconstructionist and most of all as a Kind and Caring Human Being...I know it has been tough for you and your family and I pray God will Bless each of you...I know I don't need to tell you this but you have every reason in the world to be very proud of your Father for the "footprints" he left with many of us in the business of Law Enforcement...He was a True Professional and if anyone ever needed to look up the definition of a Caring and Compassionate Police Officer in the dictionary they would find a picture of Dave Bailey with an explanation/history of his life...I know you will always have a Guardian Angel because that is what he was in life.

Dave Bailey was True Friend to all he came in contact with and he will be truely missed...If every Police Officer would read the "Life of Dave Bailey" and take the same paths as he did we would have a Profession without problems.

Ktan> May the memories of who your father was in life to everyone he ever touched bring joy and smiles in the days ahead.

Be Safe!

Ken Ball

Edited by KenBall

Ken,

I called my Mom this afternoon and told her that she needed to read this :) She did, and she also printed it out to share with my aunt and Mema (Daddy's sister and mom).

I really appreciate you writing all of that. I knew my Dad as the person who kissed my knees when they were skinned, and who held my hand with tears in his eyes after my kids were born. He was such a wonderful, kind, and loving man, and I miss him so much already. Even as much as I knew what a great man he was, though, it is nice to hear from others as well :)

I know that Daddy thought the world of you as well.

--Melissa (Missy)

That was really nice Ken!! :)

He was a nice guy, a "gentle giant", and his wit and humor is something I'll not soon forget :)

His humor was definitely something that he passed along to me. That was the great thing about his service--I think there was as much laughter as there were tears. We told stories (apparently Dad thought it was a good idea to shave 1/2 of someone's mustache on a camping trip), and we also watched a video montage with pictures and videos. Mom, Katrina, and I got so tickled at the beginning of the service thinking about how proud he would be to see that we successfully used the laptop to do the music ;-)

He would have been proud of how the service turned out :)

It sounds like a great send off for a great man. :) I'm sure he was watching and having a laugh with all of you.

Tell your Mom and Katrina that they are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I wish that I could have stopped by :(

It sounds like a great send off for a great man. :) I'm sure he was watching and having a laugh with all of you.

Tell your Mom and Katrina that they are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I wish that I could have stopped by :(

I'll let Mom and Katrina know :)

And, by the way, I could hear him chuckling in my head ;-)