Paulding.com

A great woman Lucinda(I hope I spelled it right) Aiken has passed away after a long long battle with cancer. I do not know the details. but I do know she will be greatly missed. She fought long and hard with disease, and she did not do it silently.For as long as I have known her she has been active with the community, the schools, PTA's, althetics, and her family even when she was battling this disease. She did not give up. My daughter grew up with Rochelle, and we loved her. Whenever I saw Rochelle from young days to growing up she always offered a hug. Still love you and I offer you a hug now. Please offer prayers to this family that has fought for many years a long fight. Love you and may God be with with you now.

I have worked with Lucinda Aikens husband (Richard) at the Marietta Police Department for many years....The members of the Department had the opportunity, and honor, to meet Lucinda several years ago and I was one of them...From day one she was one of those people you simply like to be around....when she first learned of her illness (cancer) she said she just wanted to "live long enough to see her children graduate high school"...to the surprise of all her Doctors Lucinda reached that goal....that was Lucinda, about family regardless of the challenge.... You Go Girl....But the most inspirational thing I will always remember, and cherish, about Lucinda Aiken was her insprirational spirit and smile...we often fuss or complain about our aches and pains, or some of the small things our children fail to do properly, or as we would prefer....Not Lucinda, she always was first to ask how you were doing before you could ever ask about her, and she was truely concerned to know...she ALWAYS took every opportunity to praise her children and too inspire them to do the best they could possibly do...she ALWAYS had a FANTASTIC WARM AND FRIENDLY SMILE on her on face to the end....she ALWAYS maintained her positive attidute, and smile with everybody she met until the very end....she taught each of us to wake up everyday and give thanks for what we have and to "LIVE EACH AND EVERYDAY"...she taught all of us to laugh at the small things including our children and their mistakes, while always encouraging them, and most of all to laugh at ourselves...her laughter demonstrated how much she loved her family, friends, and life....Richard, Thank You for sharing your wife with us....You have been blessed with a GREAT Wife and Mother to your children...she was certainly an inspiration to you, your children, and all of us who knew her....although you will all miss her, the memories, and the seeds of love, and understanding, she planted will forever be with you and your children...The Marietta Police Department has lost a family member and a GREAT inspiration to all of us...We too will miss her...The Paulding Community has lost a tireless community worker, great citizen, and a great friend and the void will be impossible to fill....but we have all been blessed with the Love and Affection she touched each of us with, and for what she taught each us in her short life....many may live years longer and will never touch near as many lives....Lucinda THANK YOU for showing us the way to "LIVE LIFE EVERYDAY" and May God wrap his loving arms around you, and your family, as you move to heaven to help God put that loving smile on the Angels face...We Love You and You will be forever missed. Our only resolve is knowing we will see that smile again one day greeting us at Heavens Gate.

Ken Ball

Edited by KenBall

Thanks Ken, I agree with you, she was a great inspiration to us all. If anyone knows this family and wants to pay respects contact Ebhardt Funeral Home. If you knew her you were blessed. She gave so much of herself to this county, friends, chruch, school and to her family. I only hope that if given the circumstances I could fight as hard as she did. She has two wonderful children, her courage, fight,great spirit, and brightness has shone through on them.