Paulding.com

Chris Christi breaks with oil-backed GOP candidates on global warming

Published on May 10, 2015
"New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie broke slightly with many of the announced and potential Republican presidential candidates, saying that climate change is real and that humans contribute to it.

“I think global warming is real. I don’t think that’s deniable,” Christie said at a Keene, N.H., event, according to MSNBC. “And I do think human activity contributes to it.”

Christie later added that the degree to which humans contribute to climate change is still subject to debate."

Read more here:
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-envi...

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

Sounds like one of the most reasonable statements I've read from a politician on the subject.

There are hundreds of different things happening that contribute to climate change.

For instance, I've been reading that the sun's output has been lower than normal for the last few years, fewer sunspots, etc.

That no doubt is a contributing factor to climate change.

What many have said is that it's silly to immediately assume that one thing out of those hundreds is the sole cause of a climate change and only arrogance would assume that we have total control over the climate and change change is as we will and can "fix" the issue no matter what the cause.

I suspect that spending a lot of that money determining the best way to *deal* with that change may be the better solution.

For instance, supporting research into wholesale de-salting of sea water to make potable water in California.

• Like 1