Paulding.com

Where will the energy come from in 2050? Documentary

Published on Mar 14, 2014

Humanity is at a crossroads! on this 2015 documentary wewill try to predict what will happened in the future: Nearlyhalf of the Amazon rainforest has been deforested, Hi-tech,intelligent buildings are revolutionizing the urbanlandscape, Smaller, safer, hi-tech automobiles, Majoradvances in air travel comfort etc..

One of the thoughts that came to me when viewing thisinvolved the notion that it should be considered reasonableto commute great distances (the example in the piece about aman who had a one-way two-hour commute every day.) Somewhere along the way we should think of ways to make iteasier for people to move closer to their work.

Still, this is a worthwhile view and it provides the viewerwith some understanding that the future is probably notgoing to be a zombie apocalypse.

Click for RECENTTOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENTTOPICS

But I am preparing for the ZA! Oh, well...I prepared for Y2K, too.

Did you see the story that Tesla has a battery that can power a whole house for like a day or something? And NASA is testing a type of warp drive that could theoretically get travelers to the moon in four hours. (Sorry no links...on phone and no time to look up.)

Well, I have you know that while I don't believe we're headed for a zombie apocalypse, I did look up sources for powdered eggs today after reading surepip's bit on the death of millions of laying hens. It bothered me that powdered eggs were as expensive as fresh eggs.

If memory serves, it used to be that things like powdered milk and powdered eggs were exceptionally affordable (50-60 percent the cost of fresh) but apparently they've ginned up so much demand from the doomsday preppers demand for that stuff is now up and the cost is only contained by the relative cost of fresh.

I'm only interested if the powdered alternative is cheaper.

pubby