Paulding.com

That time of year again - Free mower to the needy

Thanks to contributions from my local Paulding bunch, I have been able to gather up some used mowers to rebuild. While I resale most of them, I like to donate at least one a month to someone in need, usually single moms who have kids that can operate them and keep up the yards. I will have one ready by the weekend, so please PM me people you know of, and I'll do my best to decide which one needs it the most. This is an honor system, so please only PM me folks that you KNOW really need one. Over the past few seasons I have been able to help out some folks who couldn't afford a mower, and some were getting flack from their neighbors about their yards getting over grown. Probably 90% of them were single moms who had to work all day but had kids old enough to do yard work while mom was bringing home what bacon she could. My heart goes out to these families. And this is the only way I can afford to help them out...but we all do what we can based on what we can offer. Please PM me this week, and hopefully by Saturday someone can be helped. I plan to make this part of a community service for my local folks, and I would like to step it up to 2 mowers a month, perhaps more if possible. I know a lawn mower aint all that big a deal, but a nice cut yard is something that people can come home to and feel very good about.

I have more regulars on this site than I could ever count, and I appreciate your business as well as your generosity. Let's all pull together and help those out who really need it, no matter what services we all have to offer. :) I firmly believe this is what I love about living in this county the most, and the more we all pitch in, the better we can help other peoples' lives who may need a helping hand. Lord knows, I've needed help in the past, and you folks have always managed to pull me through some really hard times. I look forward to giving back, as well. :)

You can either PM me or email me at glennsmowerrepair@att.net

I'd prefer PM and emails over calls, since my only number is for business, if that's okay with yall.

Thanks again!

Glenn / Subby

p.s. and remember, I am still always on the look out for mowers people want to give away. The don't have to be running...I can handle that part and it will help me be able to donate more. ;)

• Like 2

I haven't received any emails or PM's from anyone, so I'm bumping this again. Most donations usually go to single moms who have kids old enough to mow for them while they are working...just to give you an idea of how to best supply someone who's having a hard time keeping their yard up. So, send those PM's to me. Next mower should be ready by this weekend.

Thanks folks, for your kindness and concern for those less fortunate than we may be. :)

Glenn

p.s. The PM's do not have to refer to anyone...they can be you if you if you're in need of a mower and can't afford it. ;) I try to choose people as fairly as I possibly can, and I'd prefer to stay away from "drawings" in which anyone can win a mower. This is simply a community service, catering to those in need. Thanks again, everyone. :)

You are a very nice person Glen. I do not know of anyone but what a kind act.

Thanks. :blush: I don't have much money, but I figure since i've plenty of mowers, it's the only way I can give back.:) So many people have helped me over the past few years, I have a strong need to give back any way I can. Now....yall send me some PM's!! :p

Okay folks. This has a future owner now. I am going to try to have a mower to donate every 2-3 weeks to the ones who need them the most and can't afford it.....so keep on posting and keep on watching right here on PAULDING.COM!!

• Like 2